Woreda Community TB Coordinator at Reach Ethiopia
- Company: Reach Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Ethiopia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
REACH Ethiopia is a nonprofit local organization established and registered as an Ethiopian Residents Charity, with the mission to contribute to community development through innovative community-based approaches. Currently REACH Ethiopia is implementing the USAID funded Urban TB LON project in 3 largest cities in the country; Addis Ababa, Harar and Dire Dawa in collaboration with Ministry of Health Ethiopia. Previously, REACH Ethiopia successfully implemented the community-based TB care (CBTBC) interventions and integrated health service projects in Sidama, SNNP and parts of Oromia Regions.
The Eliminate Tuberculosis is the USAID funded project designed to reduce the national TB incidence and mortality from the baseline by increasing the quality, access, utilization and sustainability of TB services in Ethiopia. The USAID Eliminate TB project sub-awarded to REACH Ethiopia by Management Sciences for Health Inc., (MSH) to facilitate local capacity building in implementation of community level interventions and ensure the journey to self-reliance. The project will focus on high impact case finding and prevention strategies to strengthen referral and linkage of presumptive TB cases in the community in selected high TB load facilities’ catchment in 2 regions (Sidama, and SNNP) by using HEP and volunteers, and ensure improved case notification through reaching inaccessible population. The beneficiaries of the project will be high load facilities and key populations mapped in the regions. The project will be implemented in collaboration with the Sidama and SNNP Regional Health Bureaus, Zonal administrations and Health Departments, Woreda Health Offices, Health Extension Professionals (HEP), Public and Private health facilities, Women Health Development Armies (WHDAs), community associations, TB clubs such as former TB patients’ clubs.
Purpose of the position (general)
Under the leadership of REACH Ethiopia Regional Community TB Coordinator, the Woreda Community TB Coordinator is responsible for planning, execution and for overseeing the successful implementation and delivery of CBTBC program activities to achieve its intended goal in the implementation setting. He/she coordinates the planning, implementation and delivery of defined and agreed upon and service delivery/practice of standards and provides oversight to all Community based TB Care activities under the USAID Eliminate TB project that will be implemented in these settings.
S/he will be responsible for developing the project’s management plan and regularly review activity performance; discuss issues with the project team and develop improvement plans when necessary.
S/he will closely work with the Woreda TB focal persons to engage community TB work force (HEP, WDAs, Volunteers) and ensure effective community-based TB care interventions are in place.
Answerability and Position in the organization
REACH Woreda Community TB Coordinator reports to the Regional Community TB Coordinator.
Major and overall Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Woreda community-based TB case finding, contact investigation, screening, TB treatment adherence; TPT
- Develops and schedules project work plan in accordance with specifications given to him/her;
- Oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of project; determines priorities;
- Reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved in a timely manner and preparation of project status reports, manage presentations at Zonal /Woreda level, design agendas whenever need arise to do so, etc.
- Provide technical support and ensure that CTBC activities are properly discussed during monthly/quarterly cluster meeting
- Monitors and supervises the activities of Woreda and Health centre TB focal, private clinics, HEWs, WDAs and volunteers/associations;
- Monitor the proper implementation of referral networking system based on the SOP
- Closely monitor the implementation and output of the Community Conversation;
- Interacts with members of the community to help achieve project goals and objectives;
- Make workable plans to cope up with prevailing situations.
- Collaborate with USAID/ETB project Regional TB coordinator in the implementation of the CTBC services in REACH Ethiopia Woredas,
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Identifies areas for crosscutting collaboration with WoHO and relevant partners;
- Enhances and anchors the in-depth knowledge of TB technical areas in the technical team (both own and partners team);
- Actively shares knowledge with the Woreda TB prevention program;
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB control
Contract term: Full time Position, Fixed term contract
Number of positions: Five
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, minimum of five-year relevant experience in TB control of which four years is a supervisory/coordination role;
- Proven experience in health program management of at least three years;
- Previous experience of Community TB program, specifically working with HEP, WDAs, CSOs, and volunteers;
- Proven experience of having team spirit;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Amharic and local language;
- Experience in capacity building and utilizing participatory learning methodologies;
- Past experience with USAID projects would be an advantage;
- Able to ride motor bike and have driving licence;
- Willingness to locate in Woredas with frequent travel to kebeles.
Method of ApplicationOnly candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience are invited to send their application letter, Updated CV, credentials and summary of relevant work experience in one page to
[email protected] or [email protected]
Closing Date : 6th January, 2021