WASH Behavior Change Officer at Splash International
- Company: Splash International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara - Bahir Dar
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Splash is an international development organization founded in 2007 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, USA. Our mission is simple: we clean water for kids. To date, we have reached over 600,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior changes programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. Splash is working with government to reach 100% of government schools in Addis Ababa with full WASH coverage by the end of 2023, and is in a process of expanding its operations into additional geographies, beginning in Ethiopia.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment.
The WASH Behavior Change Officer will serve as the primary point of contact for the organization selected to conduct Splash behavior change and menstrual health activities in Bahir Dar. Activities include: hygiene club trainings, training of focal teachers and janitors, menstrual health training for Gender clubs, and organization of hygiene event days.
- Continuously monitor implementing partner progress. Provide technical assistance and support, as needed.
- Conduct visits to new selected sites and determine the site segmentation information in consultation with the data management and MLE teams.
- Ensure that all implementation data for partner schools is accurate and up to date in Splash’s Salesforce database (including direct data entry related to program activities)
- Serve as an internal expert and champion for Splash’s global program standards, working closely with Splash technical specialist and partners
The WASH Behavior Change Officer reports to: WASH Project Manager.
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and reviewed at least annually.
- BA or BSc in Public Health, Environmental Health or Psychology, Sociology, or related field
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Proven history of managing behavior change projects preferably in school/institutional WASH settings
- Professional level of written and verbal fluency in Amharic and English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with internet research, data entry, Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with a database, such as Salesforce, preferred.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness, and sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in team environment, including with remote team members
- You enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from and developing others
- Innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You think critically and have demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
- You are willing and able to work in Bahir Dar
- You are willing and able to participate in meetings outside of normal business hours, as needed
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29 September. 2021