Volunteer/Intern (Cash Based Transfers and Systems) at United Nations World Food Programme
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations World Food Programme – WFP Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia - IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. On any given day, WFP has 5,000 trucks, 20 ships and 92 planes on the move, delivering food and other assistance to those in most need. Every year, we distribute more than 15 billion rations at an estimated average cost per ration of US$ 0.31. These numbers lie at the roots of WFP’s unparalleled reputation as an emergency responder, one that gets the job done quickly at scale in the most difficult environments. WFP’s efforts focus on emergency assistance, relief and rehabilitation, development aid and special operations.
WFP Ethiopia is working with the government and other humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of Ethiopia’s most vulnerable population and to chart a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school. It aims to contribute to Ethiopia’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
The World Food Programme is Addis Ababa Country office is currently seeking to fill an internship position. The Programme CBT/cash-based transfer/ and Systems team is responsible for the management of all cash transfer related and SCOPE implementation for various programmes within the Country Office/CO/. It is made up of staff with various functional skills and experiences in Payment systems and Platform Management, Project management, Data, Research and ICT. Per ETCOs plans on CBT and SCOPE scale up within the current ICSP from 5% to about 26%. The identified intern will support on both CBT and SCOPE related issues for various programmes (relief, PSNP, FFV, Refugees, R4, SIIPE) in data compilation and reporting in CO as well as field support for CBT/SCOPE activities.
The Volunteer/Intern will be under the Programme Policy Officer. He/She will support in effective monthly reporting for various CBT programmes for programmatic decisions by catering in the specific duties and responsibilities.
The duration of assignment cannot be more than 8 months. Up on onboarding successful candidate will be given a one-month trial period and offered a Volunteer contract, then the contract will be converted to an intern depending on demonstrated successful performance, adaptability and agility.
- Compiling monthly data from COMET on various CBT programmes on Planned vs Actual;
- Assisting in compiling data on WFP 4Ws for both internal and external use;
- Support to produce monthly CBT factsheets;
- Support on CBT reconciliation;
- Support on SCOPE beneficiary management issues and resolution;
- Support beneficiary list review and management – qualifications and/or graduation;
- Support SCOPE beneficiary registration, data enhancement exercises as well as data cleaning activities after data upload;
- Perform other Duties.
Position Duration: Maximum 8 month
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme from a recognized university and have completed at least two years of the program. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (for example, master’s degree) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- A recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program (within six months prior to the application to the internship program) from a recognized university;
- Relevant field of study with background on knowledge of Information Studies/Management, Economics, Business Studies/Management, Project Management, Statistics, ICT/Computer Science or related field;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and basic knowledge of SPSS.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English; Knowledge of local language is an added advantage.
No. position: Three
How to Apply
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment website.
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Public - 104250
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.