Technical Head at Violet General Business Plc
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Violet General Business Plc
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Technical Head who has the energy and drive to bring change in the supervision activities of the company.
Under general direction; Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls all the technical services; establishes job priorities and prepares work schedules; follows up and control maintenance of machinery and equipment’s; ensures the supply of spare parts; supervises installation works; identifies training needs; prepares annual budget. Periodically updates equipment maintenance policy and procedures; participates in the study of expansion projects and feasibility studies; prepares technical specifications for equipment and machinery; inspects machinery installation works. Ensure that the various productions unite are ready for production.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and Implement Preventive maintenance programs and procedures required ensuring plant safe working environment.
- Assist with planning and implementing plant improvement and expansions.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Maintains and updates operating, maintenance and training manuals for the department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and system.
- Reviews the operations of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of plant equipment and vehicles.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendation for improving plant operation and solving maintenance related problems.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- Tracks, analyses and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost preventive maintenance compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Coordinates activities with plant production and fleet departments.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supply and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary and report the same to finance department.
- Prepares the annual and capital budget for the department.
- Ensure cannibalization of parts of machine and vehicle is done with proper authorization formats.
- Produce periodic activity reports as required.
- Participates in project feasibility studies.
- Coordinates and supervises the installation and commissioning of new machinery.
- Prepares technical specifications for the purchase of machinery, equipment and vehicles and participates in preparation and evaluation of tenders.
- Evaluates the performances of employees and develop KPI (key performance indicator) for the department.
- BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related fields of study. The Technical head must have at least 5 years of experience from these minimum 2 years in senior position.
How to Apply
Interested applicant must submit their application letter with non-returnable copies of credentials and CV within 7 consecutive working days from the date of announcement by the following address.
Kirkos Sub City Around Welo Sefer HMM Tower building 9th floor
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 743/1110
Note: only short listed applicants are accepted for the further evaluation and interviews.