Tally Clerk at Catholic Relief Services
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Adama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Required No: 10
Duty Station: CRS/Adama
The Tally Clerk will account for and maintain revolving support of warehouses and assist warehouse keepers in compliance with CRS and donor (USAID) guidelines. The Tally Clerk is in charge of providing clerical support for warehouse Keepers in receiving, storing, and delivering all food commodities transactions at the assigned compound.
The Tally Clerk will be able to support the Logistics Department in its field offices by:
1) Assisting in receiving CRS food commodities and safeguarding with proper handling and maintaining minimum warehouse standards at assigned custody.
2) Assisting in dispatching CRS food commodities to different CRS partners according to the allocation and relying to the CRS dispatching procedure.
3) To follow-up the warehouses and compounds are well cleaned and secured with the compliance of CRS procedure in assigned custody.
4) To inspect the quality and quantity of commodities stored in warehouses and during receiving & dispatching of commodities.
Warehouse Management Roles
- Assist in ensuring that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and fill in the truck inspection reports before the commencement of offloading.
- Assist the warehouse keeper in scrutinizing waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality.
- Assist the warehouse keeper during the offloading process to make sure that the offloading is properly undertaken.
- Assist in inspection and counting of commodities during offloading before the commodities are accepted in the warehouse.
- Work closely with the outsourced cleaning company and ensure that warehouses are kept clean as per CRS/ET standard warehouse management manuals.
- Work closely with the outsourced security company and assist in overseeing the activities and performances of guards.
- Assist in controlling and ensuring proper management of warehouse; for example, proper handling of pallets, empty bags, reconditioning items based on CRS/ET warehouse manuals.
- Assist to make sure that utilities in warehouses and the warehouse premises are working properly and are appropriately utilized.
- Assist the warehouse keeper in briefing the loading and offloading staff on how to stack, handle commodities, first aid, and evacuation procedures and support the warehouse keeper to supervise and train casual labor.
- Support the warehouse keeper on the stacking process and count the accuracy of layers of the stack on warehouse and truck’s layers on loading at dispatch.
Recording and guiding Roles
- Assist to ensure that bin cards are put on respective stacks and balance quantities stated on bin cards are equal to the stack and all warehouse documents are in the proper place.
- Assist in properly filling the truck inspection form and checking before loading the commodities.
- Support in making sure that the presence of the surveyor, EFMHACA representatives, customs office delegate as per the commodity type and its importance.
- Assist in checking the shipment information of the operation (Example: operation number, Bill of lading, Vessel Name, Plate number, Custom documents, etc..) and check waybill against plate number and trailer number.
- Assist in checking the shipment condition (example: neatness and quality of commodities)
- Assist in counting commodities in bags, cartons, etc.
- Assist in differentiating loss and excess in a separate report as per offloading trucks and differentiating commodity according to BUBD.
- Assist in recording offloading trucks as per the shipment and provide commodity receipt reports for the warehouse keeper.
- Attend customs clearing during YSP and Veg. Oil offloading.
- Support the warehouse keeper in segregating suspected unfit commodities.
- Check the warehouse keeper CRF as per his/her count before the truck driver put signature.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of TVET/(10+2) Certificate
- 3 years of relevant experience is required
- Knowledge of CRS/ET’s inventory management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory keeping or warehousing techniques and warehouse equipment.
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience of managing outsourcing companies
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Skill in the use of computer and S/W related to the job
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22 December. 2021