Systems and Operation Director at People In Need
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: People In Need
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Hawassa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.
In our 15 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs
More information at www.peopleinneed.cz or https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ethiopia
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Systems and Operation DirectorSystems and Operation Director is a member of the country management team shares responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of People in Need’s (PIN) country programme. Specifically, the role of the Systems and Operation Director is to manage and improve the support systems and operations required to achieve this objective comprising of the Finance, Human Resources (HR) and Logistics departments. In performing this role, the Systems and Operation Director also ensures an enabling environment for the implementation of the country programme, while maintaining operations and systems that meet with the accountability requirements of PIN and its donors.
– The Systems and Operation Director assists the CD in the management of the country programme, participates in the senior management meetings, and pro-actively takes part in the decision making processes;
– Ensures that systems and operations support the implementation of the country programme strategy and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in accordance with donor and PIN rules;
– Represents PIN towards local authorities, donors, partners, and other stakeholders;
– is responsible for adequate staffing of all supervised departments in order to achieve efficient delivery of People in Need’s (PIN) country programme;
– Promotes team spirit, a culture of respect, personal responsibility, transparency, and openness.
Quality & Risk Management
– The Systems and Operation Director ensures PIN policies guidelines (expect specific programme guidelines) are known and respected;
– Supervises all support departments and functions, and sets up effective internal coordination and communication;
– Promotes participation and accountability towards local authorities, local partners, and donors;
– In cooperation with CD, manages risks and coordinates risk mitigation measures.
Human Resources & Capacity Development
– Works in very close collaboration with the HR coordinator of the CP.
– The Systems and Operation Director is familiar with PIN HR procedures and ensures that all country programme staff follows them;
– manages the HR team and ensures it has sufficient capacity both in number and qualification of HR personnel;
– makes sure that relevant country programme HR procedures are in place and respected, and updates them on regular basis;
– The HoSO makes sure that relevant country programme financial and administrative procedures are in place and respected;
– oversees the operations of the financial team in all sectors, including budgeting, reporting, and accounting of the country programme;
– ensures communication between Finance and other departments with special focus on
– Familiar with PIN finance guideline and to ensure the team f/u on this.
– supervises the process of internal and external recruitment of national staff;
– establishes system of in-country induction for both international and national staff;
– ensures that regular staff evaluation is in place and that bonuses and capacity development tools are being used according to HR guidelines;
– ensures that the contract termination procedures are followed properly;
– in coordination with FM, ensure that all HR administration systems for country programme are operating properly, in particular overseeing the proper implementation of administrative issues related to HR;
– together with the country programme senior management (CD, HoP etc.) and HR personnel, cooperate with HQ HR department on HR audits, setting and improving of HR procedures, and supporting their implementation;
– The Systems and Operation Director ensures that all obligations towards local authorities (annual audit, annual reports, fiscal financial reports etc.) are respected and met in a timely manner;
– ensures that all taxes are paid in line with national regulatory framework;
– ensures that tax exemption (when possible) will be applied by NGO;
– is familiar with PIN procurement guidelines and ensures his/ her team follows them;
– makes sure relevant country programme procurement guidelines are in place and are respected;
– supervises and advises to country programme Procurement Officer and makes sure country programme procurement plan is developed;
– ensures that current procurement documents are up to date and conforms with HQ prerogatives;
– ensures the current contract templates on the country programme are up to date and properly used;
– conducts regular checks on proper archiving of accounting, procurement and HR documents;
– ensures quality and completeness of all documentation of country programme and sets up archiving rules;
– coordinates external audits carried out at country programme level and assists for HQ audits;
– is familiar with donors’ conditions and requirements and makes sure they are respected;
– Acts as a communication channel between donors in case of any requests related to the compliance or procurement agenda.
Logistics & Administration
– Works in very closely with the logistic coordinator.
– The HoSO oversees operations of the Logistics department in all sectors (office and compound/guesthouse management, fleet, transport, communication, IT);
– oversees assets and stock management systems;
– oversees procurement system following all relevant donor and PIN guidelines and procedures, and considering relevant risks;
– on a regular basis, audits the procurement process in order to highlight flaws and pressures associated with operating in the country programme context;
– implements or strengthens systems of oversight and prevention of corruption;
– oversees logistics budgets, improves needs planning, and contributes to planning needs for new projects with regards to logistics;
– ensures effective and efficient operational spending and provides commentary on the operational setup to other members of country programme senior management;
– establishes and supervises tools for cost effective office and operational management in cooperation with Finance department;
– supervises programme staff for the regular update of stock table (for donation to beneficiaries) and ensures that donation contracts are systematically prepared for any final donation;
- Minimum of BA Degree in Business administration, Accounting and Finance, Logistics and Supply chain management, Human Resource Management or other related field of studies
- At least 8 years’ of work experience on similar area, at senior management role
- Experience on International NGO management setup is advantageous
- Experience of leading and managing a diverse team of senior staff.
- Strong management ability, including ability to motivate and develop skills of others.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Strong, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: https://airtable.com/shrQEF2tKUYkE1z3C until May 5, 2019.
Should any information needed please contact using: [email protected]
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.