Supply Chain Specialist for Tuberculosis (TB) at Chemonics International Inc
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Chemonics International Inc
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Supply Chain Program Specialist for Tuberculosis (TB) – seconded at the Ministry of Health (MoH) is responsible to provide technical assistance for the supply management of TB commodities to the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) under the Diseases Prevention and Control Directorate (DPCD) at MoH. S/he also liaise the project with the directorate.
Supply Chain Specialist for Tuberculosis (TB) – Seconded at MoH
Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities
The Supply Chain Program Specialist for Tuberculosis (TB) – seconded at the Ministry of Health (MoH) is responsible to provide technical assistance for the supply management of TB commodities to the national tuberculosis program (NTP) under the Diseases Prevention and Control Directorate (DPCD) at MoH. S/he also liaise the project with the directorate. S/he will report directly to GHSC-PSM Supply chain Coordinator for TB or to his/her designee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the Federal Ministry of Health – NTP under the Diseases Prevention and Control Directorate (DPCD) to ensure availability of TB Program commodities
- Participate actively in TB TWG and TB supply chain related technical working groups as assigned
- Contribute to design and implementation of supply chain systems strengthening strategies, approaches and tools to ensure availability of TB commodities.
- Work with MoH, Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Supply Agency (EPSA), USAID, Global Fund and other counterparts to monitor TB related health commodity supply chain to ensure that the right quantities of TB health commodities are procured and made available at all levels of the supply chain.
- Liaise with national and regional authorities and private sector, and others as appropriate to increase financial resources leveraged for TB program commodities, activities, and supplies
- Support the NTP in forecasting and developing of supply plan for all Tb commodities including new MDR TB drugs, shorter MDR TB regimens and new Pediatric formulations to ensure regular and uninterrupted supply of TB pharmaceuticals.
- Follow the procurement of TB commodities
- Participate in integrated supportive supervisions, and assessment of TB commodities management and prepare report and provide feedback
- Ensure monthly and quarterly reporting of TB commodities stock status through continuous monitoring of the pipeline, and regularly inform the MoH and donors on the TB commodities stock status situation
- Participate in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities NTP activities under DPCD of MoH. Compile, evaluate and maintain TB-related evidence to support advocacy, policy dialogue and planning with the MoH, EPHI, RHBs and implementing partners.
- Provide technical assistance to MoH/NTP, EPSA and EPHI in translating policy into implementation guidelines for use at national, regional and woreda levels.
- Support MoH in the development of national strategic plan (NSP) for TB and other TB program proposal development such as GF and other donor agencies
- Contribute to quarterly and annual progress reports of GHCS-PSM
- Support the implementation of TB patient kits in health facilities supported by GHSC-PSM project and improve the quality of the implementation through supportive supervision, on the job training and providing job aids on the proper use of TB PKs at HFs.
- Lead, design, and implement TB commodities supply management related activities including trainings, workshops, manuals, and other related documents and activities.
- Train and mentor pharmacists and other relevant health workers on quantification and ordering of TB commodities.
- Conduct and support relevant TB commodities supply management assessments.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by GHSC-PSM project management and Health Programs director or his/her designee.
Level of Effort and Location
- The duty station for this position will be at the Ministry of Health, Addis Ababa, with intermittent local travels as needed.
- The GHSC-PSM Supply Chain Specialist for TB will report directly to GHSC-PSM Supply chain Coordinator for TB or to his/her designee.
- Advanced/first degree in pharmacy, public health, supply chain, or a related field.
- Minimum of five/seven years of experience in health supply chain
- Hands on experience in the quantification of TB related commodities using robust forecasting and supply planning tools such as QuanTB.
- Demonstrated ability of working in the public health supply chain environment
- Written and spoken English fluency required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as subject line in your application and submit no later than January 31, 2020.
No telephone inquiries, pleases. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors