Supply Chain Program Coordinator – Tuberculosis (TB) at Chemonics International Inc
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Chemonics International Inc
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Supply Chain Program Coordinator for Tuberculosis (TB) is responsible to coordinate the GHSC-PSM technical support in demand planning, commodities procurement, and logistics for technical activities related to TB program. S/he is responsible for giving overall technical leadership in TB program commodities supply management in GHSC-PSM Ethiopia.
Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities
The Supply Chain Program Coordinator for TB is responsible to coordinate the GHSC-PSM technical support in demand planning, commodities procurement, and logistics for technical activities related to TB program. S/he is responsible for giving overall technical leadership in TB program commodities supply management in GHSC-PSM Ethiopia. S/he will report directly to GHSC-PSM Health programs Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Ministry of Health (MoH), Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals Supply Agency (EPSA), USAID, USAID TB program partners and other counterparts to monitor TB commodity supply chain to ensure that the right quantities of TB commodities are procured and made available at all levels of the supply chain.
- Provide advice to the GHSC-PSM management and other staff on TB-related health policies and strategies, interventions, and innovations.
- Work with public and private sector partners to implement activities across the country
- Compile, evaluate and maintain the TB-related evidence to support advocacy, policy dialogue and planning with the MoH, regional health bureaus (RHBs) and Woreda health teams and implementing partners.
- Collaborates with the Health Programs (HP) Director, EPSA, and other partners to design and implement supply chain systems strengthening strategies, approaches and tools to ensure availability of TB commodities.
- Provide technical assistance to the MoH, EPSA and Ethiopian public health institute (EPHI) in translating policy into implementation guidelines for use at the regional and woreda levels.
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining information required for regular reporting to USAID according to timelines as specified in the contract.
- Collect and analyze data of the GHSC-PSM support areas and work with the Health Programs Director to contribute to the written quarterly and annual progress reports in line with the agreed indicators that must be reported to USAID.
- Lead the development of TB commodities supply management work plans and monitor its implementation both nationally and in all GHSC-PSM supported areas.
- Support the forecasting and supply planning of TB commodities including new MDR TB drugs, shorter MDR TB regimens and new Pediatric formulations to ensure regular and uninterrupted supply of TB pharmaceuticals.
- Support the implementation of TB patient kits in health facilities supported by GHSC-PSM project and improve the quality of the implementation through supportive supervision, on the job training and providing job aids on the proper use of TB PKs at HFs.
- Minimize possible stock out of TB commodities across GHSC-PSM supported health facilities by supporting provision of training on second line drug management; supply LMIS tools and conduct supervisions to the selected HFs.
- Lead, design, and implement TB commodities supply management related activities including trainings, workshops, manuals, and other related documents and activities.
- Train and mentor pharmacists and other relevant health workers on quantification and ordering of TB commodities.
- Conduct and support relevant TB commodities supply management assessments.
- Represent GHSC-PSM project on national TB and MDR/XRD TB working groups.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the health programs director or his/her designee.
Level of Effort and Location
- The duty station for this position will be at GHSC-PSM central Office, Addis Ababa, with intermittent local travels as needed.
- The GHSC-PSM Supply Chain Coordinator for TB will report directly to GHSC-PSM Health Programs Director or his/her designee.
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- Advanced/first degree in pharmacy, public health, supply chain, or a related field.
- Minimum of five/seven years of experience in health supply chain
- Hands on experience in the quantification of TB related commodities using robust forecasting and supply planning tools such as QuanTB.
- Demonstrated ability of working in the public health supply chain environment
- Written and spoken English fluency required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as subject line in your application and submit no later than January 31, 2020. No telephone inquiries, pleases. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.