Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) at Chemonics International Inc
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Chemonics International Inc
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia - Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) is responsible to lead activities related to tuberculosis laboratory logistics systems established in the country. S/he is expected to support the TB laboratory monitoring system and strengthen areas of the TB laboratory testing program that affect availability and use of such commodities.
Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health.
In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global collaboration to improve long-term availability of health commodities
The Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) is responsible to lead activities related to tuberculosis laboratory logistics systems established in the country. S/he is expected to support the TB laboratory monitoring system and strengthen areas of the TB laboratory testing program that affect availability and use of such commodities. S/he is expected to support activities related to TB laboratory reagents quantification, procurement, distribution and utilization, quality assurance programs, assessment of available equipment and reagents used for the diagnosis of TB. The TB Laboratory Logistics Specialist will report directly to GHSC-PSM Supply Chain Coordinator for TB.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MoH, the Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals and Supply Agency (EPSA), Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI), USAID and other counterparts to monitor the TB laboratory commodities supply chain that are used for the diagnosis of TB and to ensure that the right quantities of TB laboratory commodities are available at all levels of the supply chain.
- Provide technical leadership on TB laboratory commodities management issues used for the diagnosis of TB in Ethiopia.
- Work with EPSA, EPHI and all stakeholders to strengthen TB laboratory supply management of the country.
- Work with public and private sector partners to implement activities that strengthen management of TB laboratory logistics across the country.
- Serve as the technical expert in TB laboratory services and participate on the establishment of priorities, national laboratory policies and strategy plan which aligning with preventive, promotive, rehabilitative and curative health services.
- Capacitate and mentor the laboratory professional in facilities who work in reconstitute of AFB reagents and distribute the reagents and supplies to peripheral laboratories in the country.
- Compile, evaluate and maintain TB laboratory logistics-related evidence to support advocacy, policy dialogue and planning with MoH, EPHI, EPSA, RHBs, regional laboratories and other implementing partners.
- Provide advice to the GHSC-PSM management and other staff on TB-related health policies and strategies, interventions, and innovations.
- Lead the collection and maintaining of TB laboratory logistics related information required for regular reporting to USAID according to timelines as specified in the contract.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff
- Produce timely and complete report
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by GHSC-PSM Health Programs Director or his/her designee.
Level of Effort and Location
- The duty station for this position will be at GHSC-PSM central office, Addis Ababa, with intermittent local travels as needed.
- The GHSC-PSM Laboratory Logistics Specialist – Tuberculosis (TB) will report directly to GHSC-PSM Supply chain Coordinator for TB or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory technology, MSc in microbiology or MPH is preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in health supply chain management preferably on laboratory commodities
- Must have adequate practical knowledge in TB laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies
- Significant knowledge and extensive experience in clinical laboratory work including TB laboratory commodities management.
- Written and spoken English fluency required.
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as subject line in your application and submit no later than January 31, 2020. No telephone inquiries, pleases. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.