Supply Chain Manager at Pharo Integrated Agriculture and Manufacturing PLC
- Company: Pharo Integrated Agriculture and Manufacturing PLC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
Pharo Ventures is the commercial, for-profit arm of The Pharo Foundation and has been set up to harness the power of a vibrant private sector by investing in enterprises across a variety of spheres within East Africa. The objective is to build and grow commercially and environmentally sustainable businesses. The focus is maximizing the creation of economic value and jobs for local communities.
We have a vision of an economically vibrant and inclusive Africa. We believe we can achieve our vision and ambitions by investing in the human and physical capital of Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Pharo Ventures has country offices in Ethiopia (Addis Ababa) and Somaliland (Hargeisa).
The Supply Chain Manager will take a leadership role in executing effective and efficient procurement and supply chain services ensuring values and competencies in maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations. Provide leadership for all purchasing, warehouse, logistics and shipping activities with an effort to control costs while also improving efficiency and accuracy in the management of inventory.
- Pharo Ventures Team in Ethiopia, which includes Finance, IT, Procurement,
- Logistics and Marketing
- Pharo Ventures Team in Nairobi, Kenya
- Pharo Ventures Team in Somaliland
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all export shipments as per the export procedures and requirements in collaboration with concerned authorities and freight forwarding companies.
- Prepare all the required export documents and facilitate export permits from concerned authorities.
- Book export cargo as per the plan of shipment, notify and communicate with recipient delegation in due time.
- Perform and implement all customs clearance activities such as following up on shipments, documents transactions and day-to-day related activities in accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Manage communication with export authorities, banks and shipping lines for all required documents for our exports.
- Track shipments and prepare monthly reports on exported goods including costs incurred.
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring the Supply Market to ensure price quotations and
- Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable.
- Develop procurement plans, in collaboration with Managers.
- Coordinate with Warehouse & Logistics Manager to ensure that there is sufficient space in warehouses before sending raw materials/supplies to the plant.
- Ensure that the supply chain department is well-staffed, and roles and responsibilities of each team member are clearly defined through job descriptions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required.
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implement subsequent changes to processes.
- Develop procurement Standard Operating Procedures
- Work with requesters/buyers to develop comprehensive purchase specification.
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on- time procurement reporting.
- Review procurement documents before payment
- Lead the bidding process, including the request for quotation process, request for proposal process, render evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy.
- Set negotiation objectives and conduct negotiations with potential suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure favorable Procurement Terms and Conditions
- Set key performance indicators and service level agreements for contracts.
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers ’adherence to contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate procurement report(s) to inform the decision-making process.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Amendments, and requests for contract awards and/or waivers for accumulated procurement values ensuring that all specifications, terms and conditions are clear and correct.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews, ensure a robust feedback process and maintain up to date accurate supplier performance scorecards.
- Develop suppliers for sustainable value adding procurement.
Compliance and legal
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods.
- Conduct self-assessments of conformance to supply chain policies, procedures, controls, and performance.
- Provide complete documents for audit and implement Corrective and/ or preventive action Plans (CAPA)
- Identify, document and timely report any Pharo Ventures procurement process deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
Staff Management and Development
- Support recruitment of procurement staff through the effective utilization of the Pharo Ventures ET supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each staff member’s objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s).
- Provide face-to-face and remote orientation to newly hired procurement staff.
- Assess procurement staff competency and training gaps and develop appropriate intervention programmer.
- Deliver Training and Professional development programmes
- Co-ordinate training and maintain training records.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supplies or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be desirable.
- A minimum period of 8 years’ experience in Supply Chain, 3 of which must have been in a senior position in a reputable organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics
- Experience creating a new supply chain from scratch.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective teamwork, collaborative behaviour and team spirit.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others.
- Candidates should possess an excellent speaking and writing English skill.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 15 February. 2023