M&E Specialist at Amhara Development Association
- Company: Amhara Development Association
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
The USAID/PEPFAR funded ADA-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment project is a Three years project implemented by Amhara Development association as a prime and its partners. The program aims to strengthen local HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia in the selected woredas of Amhara regions. The objectives and interventions are designed to impact UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals and enhance HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children focusing on case discovery and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14 year old children).
The M&E Specialist will be working under the supervision and technical support of the M&E Director based at Bahir Dar. S/he will support in the design and effective implementation of the projects M&E framework, plans, data management systems and reporting. S/he will also lead M&E related capacity building supports of the project to LIPs and other stakeholders, data quality assurance activities and provide accurate and timely data to monitor project performance and for project improvement.
The M&E Specialist will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, review, cleaning, compilation, analysis and data submission.
- Ensure timely submission of data by sub-awardees from and to relevant government structures in accordance with national guidelines and additional guidance given by ADA-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment project.
- Rollout ADA-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment project standard ME tool and data collection and reporting format to IPs and other community level structures as required;
- Support the deployment and correct utilization of innovative electronic data capture systems and protocols (UDS/CommCare Apps).
- Provide M&E related trainings, capacity building and technical support to LIPs, private, public, NGOs Network facilities, regional HAPCOs’/RHBs and other partners.
- Support the ADA-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment project staff, regional GoE structures and LIPs with routine data analysis and feedback including supportive supervision on data systems and activities.
- Support the planning and execution of cross-functional supportive supervision and data quality audits among all partners within the region/corridor.
- Oversee the regular Data Quality Assurance (DQA) exercises.
- Coordinate all project-related data archiving and filing.
- Ensure proper documentation of data and best practices in both hard and electronic copy
- Assist operational researches conducted by ADA-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment project
REPORTS TO: M&E Director
PROJECT: ADA-USAID-Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: One
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Statistics, Population Studies, Economics or other related Social Sciences
- Bachelor’s and 6+ years’ experience, Master’s and 4+ years’ of experience, including three years of prior experience with M&E of PEPFAR /USAID funded OVC and HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment projects
- The M&E Specialist is a number-cruncher, understands data management systems and is conversant with the most popular data management packages, as well as excel.
- Have relevant trainings on MERL
- Experienced and skilled in data visualization and presentation
- Experience in conducting trainings on M&E systems and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willing to travel extensively within and outside the region.
Method of ApplicationWomen are encouraged to apply; opened for Ethiopian Nationals only.
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V, other credentials and application letter outlining how your experience and education fit the respective vacancy, your interest in serving as a member of the Program Staff in this position, your availability to serve in this position soon after the selection process is over and also your availability to the Program on a full-time basis for the term.
Apply in person at ADA office No ________ in Bahir Dar or via email to:
Please copy to: [email protected]
Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date : 18th December, 2020