Senior Technical Advisor HPV/New Vaccine Introduction, GAVI at Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms; vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. PATH in Ethiopia is currently implementing various high impact projects with the aim of saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable and undeserved women and children in the country. PATH Ethiopia office in collaboration with the Global Policy, Access and Introduction team is now looking for Senior Technical Advisor who can provide technical assistance to the national immunization program in Ethiopia. The Senior Technical Advisor will report to the Country Director of PATH office in Ethiopia and expected to work closely with the global HPV and national immunization team particularly those supported by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. The Senior Technical Advisor is expected to mainly provide technical support to MOH/EPI on the national scale up and rollout of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) effort and hand in hand provide technical assistance for the introduction of other new vaccines as per the national plan.
Major Duties of the Senior Technical Advisor
- Provide Technical Assistance to the Ethiopia National Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) on planning, preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the national rollout of HPV vaccination.
- Serve as a focal person for PATH’s HPV vaccine-related work in Ethiopia.
- Coordinate the international and national support provided by PATH to EPI in close consultation with the FMOH/EPI.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other in country technical partners in providing support for HPV vaccine delivery and national rollout
- Provide technical support for PATH in country immunization team, MOH/EPI and for regions in new vaccine introduction and related issues.
- Actively engage in internal and external team meetings and teleconferences to provide country update, discuss issues and identify solutions.
- Stay current with latest technical knowledge/experience regarding HPV vaccine introduction, and other new vaccines of the investment portfolio of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Collaborate with Advocacy and communication team (in country and global) and support EPI and regions in identifying appropriate social mobilization activities and strategies for the HPV national roll out.
- Properly communicate/report results of technical assistance to in country leadership and immunization team, Global HPV team and other external stakeholders as required
- Represent the work at international, regional, and national meetings, where appropriate, and present findings from technical assistance and/or country preparedness work.
- Contribute to development and writing of proposals for new projects.
- Provide additional support, as necessary, to build the portfolio of PATH Ethiopia or Global Policy, Access and Introduction team.
- As Required support the international HPV TA team and back up the team’s work in other countries?
- Travel domestically, regionally and/or internationally, as required.
- In-depth knowledge of immunization systems and country immunization programs. Specific knowledge of the structure and operations of the Ethiopia Expanded Program on Immunization desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of vaccine-preventable disease epidemiology, qualitative and quantitative study design, and program planning and evaluation of vaccine delivery.
- Knowledge of HPV and cervical cancer epidemiology, HPV vaccines, and reproductive health in developing country contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct support program planning and evaluation in developing country contexts, preferably with vaccination programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-country, team-based organizational structure.
- Strong experience in country or community-based field experience with vaccine delivery.
- Demonstrated skills in writing scientific reports for governments, stakeholders, and non-technical audiences.
- Articulate communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other information processing software.
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Nvivo, Atlas.ti, EPI-Info, or others.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and to competent track timelines and deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic
Required qualification and experience
Advanced degree (MD or PhD highly preferred) in public health, epidemiology, medicine, or related field. Ten to fifteen years of relevant work experience in public health with strong skill and knowledge in the field of immunization particularly in provision of technical assistance to the public sector. Demonstrated experience in employing epidemiological and operational skills in planning and programing national rollout of health program with particular emphasis to immunization and new vaccine implementation.
How to Apply
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, Please visit http://www.path.org/jobs or send copy of your credentials and cover letter specifying to which region you are applying using the below address to PATH office in Ethiopia.
PATH office in Ethiopia
P.O. Box 493 Code 1110
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.