Senior Project Officer – Gender at Catholic Relief Services – CRS
- Company: Catholic Relief Services – CRS
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia - Project Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes equality and inclusion, and mitigates the impact of COVID-19.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Employment Term: Indefinite Term contingent on funding of the program
Reports To: Program Manager I – Gender
As a member of the CRS Ethiopia Gender team, the senior gender officer will coordinate the overall Girls Gain project (GGP) implementation, monitor and report on project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The candidate will establish and maintain smooth working relationships with the GGP implementing partners and other relevant Governmental, non-Governmental, faith and community-based organizations working in related field. The SPO will closely work with other country program gender team members as well as program-based gender staff to ensure effective implementation of the CP’s Gender Strategy and Gender Action plan. The candidate’s thorough and service-oriented approach is expected to ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of Girls Gain project (GGP) activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan, in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of GGP implementing partners; coordinate and provide technical support to partner staff and ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Facilitate and conduct trainings, workshops, review meetings on gender and girls’ empowerment for project implementing partner staff and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and ensure timely release of partner advances and liquidation of advances as indicated in the subrecipient agreement; closely monitor and follow up partner financial plan and budget utilization, ensure that budget utilization is in accordance with the plan.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Coordinate and take part in gender assessments, surveys, and other GGP MEAL activities; assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Produce periodic reports as per CRS’s and donor requirements, compile the reports, and submit timely.
- Closely work with other gender team members as well as program-based gender staff to support effective implementation of the CP’s Gender Strategy and Gender Action plan.
- Support GGP implementing partners to develop and implement gender action plans/strategies and ensure that they uphold the CRS Ethiopia’s commitment to gender equality and women empowerment.
- Regularly participate in and represent CRS Ethiopia in CRS regional gender community of practice meetings and external coordination and learning forums; share best practices; promote the GGP’s work, communicate CRS’s commitment to gender equality and women empowerment.
- Closely work with CRS protection and safeguarding team in addressing safety and protection issues.
Required Education and Experience
- MA/MSC Degree in Social Science/Gender/ Development Studies or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in areas of girls’ empowerment
- At least five years of relevant experience in managing projects, preferably girls/ women empowerment projects
- Strong experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation is required
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of gender and girls’ empowerment concepts, gender transformative approaches, trends, and best practices in girls’ empowerment
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics
- Required/Desired Foreign Language English
Travel Required (20% field travel when there is a demand)
Key Working Relationships:
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15 August. 2022