Senior Project Officer I – Crop Value Chain at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Regional ATA Branch Office consists of ACC Program and Regional Implementation Support Team Leads and several additional professional staff, including Crop Value Chain Development Expert. The Crop Value Chain Development Specialist will report to the Regional ACC & Programs Director, provide crop value chain knowledge and expertise to the ACC team and monitor progress and provide technical backstopping on cluster interventions across the entire value chain from input and production to markets at the regional level. The Crop Value Chain Development Specialist will also support the diagnosis, design and implementation of ACC strategies and interventions. As an integral part of the crop value chain definition, there is a natural flow or sequencing of activities from production to markets, so that, the Crop Value Chain Development Specialist will also engage in coordinating stakeholders along the Value Chain (including those involved in aggregation and market linkage activities). The ideal candidate will therefore possess very strong knowledge and experience of agricultural value chains and market linkages. The candidate will also demonstrate a passion for transforming agriculture and improving the lives of small-holder farmers.
- Support the Regional ACC Director in day-to-day stakeholder and program management in respect to crop value chain development in the Region, and other areas as required
- Monitoring of progress on ACC interventions in the priority crop value chains across the entire value chains from inputs and production to aggregation and marketing
- Drive the implementation of specific priority ACC interventions in the priority crop value chains in the Region
- Build the capacity and ensure coordination among key government, private and other actors in the priority crop value chains
- Drive identification, design and coordination of implementation of critical policy and other interventions in the priority crop value chains to promote market linkages in the clusters
- Provide content direction and input to other members of the Regional ACC team
- Facilitate communication and coordination between the different stakeholders of the priority crop value chains
- Facilitate market linkages among producer groups, private sector and public sector
- Initiate periodic experience sharing and learning sessions, particularly with the representatives of the producer organizations and Value Chain Actors
- Identify systemic and operational issues affecting the priority crop value chains at regional and cluster levels
- Ensure regular technical and administrative reporting on cluster progress.
- BSc/MSc degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Crop Protection, Plant Breeding and related fields.
- At least 8 years of experience for BSc or 6 years for Master’s in a senior program management role in government, non-government, or private sector.
- Practical experience on linking farmers’ groups with potential markets.
- Additional experience in market intelligence is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public, private and informal actors operate within the system
- Strong team player with good people management skills.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure and changing environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including thorough knowledge and understanding of various regional level and federal level institutions; extensive experience in facilitating dialogue with relevant stakeholders. Passion and skill in networking, partnership, collaboration and alliance building.
- Strong operational, organizational and managerial skills.
- Practical experience in implementing solutions at the local level and the zeal to work with rural communities to change their situations.
- Experience in prioritizing and sequencing both programmatic and operational activities
- Demonstrable track record in program and systems design and implementation.
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.