Senior Officer, Emergency Cash Transfer Project at International Rescue Committee
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
– Serve as a focal point for emergency response program in the pilot collaborative cash delivery (CCD) implementation of activities.
– Work closely in collaboration with the IRC Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) focal person who is mandated to do price monitoring, market assessment and value chain analysis to enable the pilot project set Minimum Expenditure Basket (MEB) and also adapt
– Participate and assist in preparation and design of collaborative cash delivery (CCD) pilot project
– Prepare detail joint action plan for community level implementation of CCD cash transfer plan in the pilot project areas.
– Engaged relevant local actors (reps. of communities, local govt) to be aware of benefits of cash transfer using digital technologies through developing community messages and arranging community awareness sessions
– Engage with communities and local authorities, and CCD member agencies to ensure proper targeting, registration using digital mechanism of cash transfer beneficiaries as standard operating guidelines
– Ensure proper implementation of CCD project in collaboration with the ERD unit, and other CCD member agencies in the pilot project areas
– Ensure application of beneficiaries’ feedback mechanism during piloting the CCD pilot and learning project to the disaster affected people.
– Ensure all on spot monitoring (OSM), beneficiary feedback, post distribution monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required.
– Undertake regular field monitoring visits to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues.
– Participate on trainings or workshops facilitated by the CCD technical unit. Ensure facilitation or trickle down of the trainings or workshops for the IRC staff
– Work closely with IRC’s Supply Chain, Finance, Program and Grant staff for the successful implementation of the project.
– Represent IRC in cash transfer working group meetings, ES/NFI-cash Technical Working Group and relevant sector coordination forums.
Takes additional assignments as provided by S/ERRC, DDO, DDP and CD.
EDUCATION: University Degree Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, project Management.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in cash transfer or cash voucher related program, Livelihoods program, grant management.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE: Emergency Cash Transfer
LANGUAGES: Communication in English, Oromiffa, Amharic
SKILLS: Ability to use computer (basic operating systems
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
- IRC P.O.BOX: 107 Code 1110, Addis Ababa
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.