Senior Laboratory Technician at Target Human Rights Organizations
- Company: Target Human Rights Organizations
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
TARGET Human Rights Organisation is looking for new members for our, Higher Obstetrics Specialty Clinic,
We are located in Afar Zone 2, FarresDagge / KonnabaWoreda (28 km from Atsbi or 3hours’ drive from Mekelle).
The following skills & qualifications are required for our vacant positions
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Collect and analyze body fluids, tissue and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings; Possible lab test and parameters include, for example: CBC incl. hemoglobin and platelet count, blood grouping and antibody screening, HIV test, urine test, pregnancy test, stool test, bilirubin test, newborn heel prick blood test, testing of liver and kidney parameters as well as creatine-value testing und alanine aminotransferase testing, glucose-value testing, pH-value testing, TSH-value testing, CRP-value testing blood-gas analysis.
- Analyze and record test results in order to issue reports that utilize graphs, charts and narratives; maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Assist medical doctors in microscopy of vaginal fluids.
- Translating Afar-English for international staff as requested.
- Maintain a sterile environment in the laboratory and adjoining toilets.
- Maintain daily and clean all instruments and perform quality control.
- Assist with orientation of new staff.
- Ensure safety for patients and colleagues; adhere to zero-tolerance-principle to alcohol and drugs (incl. chat).
- Occasional work in pharmacy whenever pharmacist is absent from work (in exchange for the same with pharmacist) – an introduction and work flow of the two departments is necessary beforehand.
- Participating in any duties involved with the care of patients, and the smooth running of the clinic and project implementation, which are not specifically laid down in the document or any duties you may be required to carry out as requested by senior medical personal or project coord
Method of Application
lf you are interested and able to meet our requirements below, please send a copy of the following documents to our clinic in Afar Zone 2, FarrasDagge, KonnabaWoreda, our officein Tigray, Mekelle, Hawelti, or via email to [email protected] Letter of interest (stating how your experience and skills fit our job requirements) Your up-to-date CV with contact information (address, phone number, email address) Latest work experience letter(s)
Diploma; of at least 5 years Valid professional license Experience with International Organisation is preferred 3 references are required ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW! Upon screening your complete application, only successful candidates will be notified within one week from application deadline. You will be invited to take part in a written exam, which is followed by a final interview. WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU IN OUR TEAM!
Closing Date : June 19, 2020