Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator at International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia - International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
The IRC is looking for an individual with previous grant management, coordination, report writing and donor liaison experience to support the IRC emergency response portfolio. Though budgeting skills are essential it is not a mandatory requirement.
The Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator (SHNC) leads all health and nutrition programming in Ethiopia with a portfolio over $5M annually. In close collaboration with the Director for Programs and the Country Director, the SHNC will provide strategic leadership and technical support to all aspects of the health and nutrition programs.
The SHNC will contribute to the identification of programmatic priorities, design and direction and participate actively in the health and nutrition clusters, health sector coordination forums, other agencies and existing IRC programs. In addition, the Health and Nutrition Coordinator will seek opportunities to integrate health programs with other IRC programs and ensure that the health and nutrition programs are of the highest quality and implemented in accordance with IRC Ethiopia Strategic Action Plan (SAP), the Outcome Evidence Framework (OEF) and related Theory of Changes (ToC) and National and International Health/Nutrition protocols, guidelines and best practices.
The SHNC reports to the Director for Programs and directly supervises two Health and Nutrition Coordinators, one Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Manager, and one Country Pharmacist.
Program and Grant Management:
- Ensure that all project designs are aligned with the IRC’s SAP, which includes contextualizing outcomes and the theories of change, and selecting interventions adapted to the local context, based on the client needs and preferences, and gender analysis.
- Ensure that lessons learned are gathered and referred to in program design.
- Collaborate with other Technical Coordinators and field staff to develop winning proposals.
- Develop procurement and spending plans, and review monthly Budget vs. Actual expenditure.
- Ensure data collection, compilation, and narrative reports are completed and submitted in timely manner.
- Ensure that appropriate member of H&N team prepares for and participates in Project Cycle Meetings.
People Management and Capacity Strengthening:
- Maintain open and professional relationships with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Discuss job expectations and set objectives for direct reports, and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including regular 1:1 meetings and timely staff performance management.
- Conduct technical training and ongoing technical coaching for H&N program staff, including on IRC outcomes, theories of change, evidence, and indicators to build technical capacity of H&N team.
- Support country program H&N staff recruitment and onboarding.
- Report H&N Program support needs, progress and risks to the Country Leadership.
Program Quality and Innovation Leadership:
- Work with key staff to analyze health program data and lessons learned to identify innovations, successes and areas of course correction as needed.
- Review and share program-specific tools / resources / and work with Technical Advisors to contextualize and adapt global and country-specific materials.
- Take an active and hands on role in assessing impact and changing trends, advising on appropriate interventions and implementation where necessary and regularly review these against forecasts and action plans to enable integrated planning.
- Liaise with relevant regional/ Global H&N Technical Advisors to support quality program delivery.
Collaboration and IRC Representation:
- Actively communicate and coordinate with IRC HQ and the Health Technical Unit.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Represent IRC on coordination platforms such as national health cluster coordination.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible.
- Lead or assist in organizing donor site visits to health program activities; travel with donors as necessary.
- Upon request and in coordination with the Communications Manager, support development and update of communication materials relevant to the H&N sector.
- MD/RN or equivalent with a Master’s/post-graduate degree in Public Health or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience, of which at least 3 in managerial/coordination positions.
- Adaptable to working with remote, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines.
- Expertise in working with donors, project design, proposal development, and monitoring and evaluation, with the ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action.
- Experience in technical tools and materials development and monitoring and evaluation.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and ability to facilitate collaboration.
- Outstanding capacity to quickly understand the evolving country context, portfolio, and overall programmatic needs.
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to staying informed and up to date with best practices.
- Language Skills: Fluency in spoken and written English
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31 January. 2022