Senior Commodity Buyer – Barley at Soufflet Malt Ethiopia S.C.
- Company: Soufflet Malt Ethiopia S.C.
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia - Procurement jobs in Ethiopia
The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 in the barley supply chain and has commissioned its malt factory in Addis Ababa in April 2021.
Soufflet aims to source/buy 100% of its raw material locally which represents 80 000 tons per year.
While actively working on the supply chain (contract farming: seed distribution – technical support and buy back) Soufflet is looking for an experienced Senior Commodity Buyer – Barley to develop its relationship with large traders in key markets across Ethiopia.
The Senior Commodity Buyer – Barley is in charge to identify key markets for malt barley and food barley, create a database of potential suppliers, monitor weekly those markets (price, volume, quality), negotiate contracts with traders/suppliers and follow closely the execution of those contracts.
The major responsibilities of the Senior Commodity Buyer – Barley:
- Identify all potential markets with sizeable volume of malting/food barley across Ethiopia and particularly in Addis, Oromia, Amhara and SNNPR.
- Create a database of traders in these markets and build a business relationship with them;
- Assess the capacity of each trader/supplier in these markets and propose improvements to support them aggregating more.
- Propose to his line manager the procurement plan for each trader and market and get approval for the budget (commodity price, storage, transport);
- Negotiate contractual terms with the traders / suppliers and follow the execution of the contracts.
- Implement, manage and report the daily and weekly positions regarding purchases of barley for each trader, market and region.
- Assess weekly KPIs such as landed cost at the factory, fulfillment of the plan in terms of volume and quality for each trader/supplier and market and propose improvements
- Work closely with the Logistics, Finance and Quality departments of the company to ensure that the goods are transported on time at the lowest cost possible, that the suppliers are paid on tome and that the goods have the desired quality specifications.
- Bachelor/ Master in Supply Chain, Procurement/Purchasing, Business Administration, Economics or related fields.
- 7 years’ experience in purchasing commodity (preferably agro commodity) and/or sales Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience in contract management and suppliers ‘management
- Strict in reporting and well versed in data management (high proficiency in excel)
- Self-starter and motivated, capacity to work autonomously and good at problem solving
3. Language Skills
- Fluency in English and and Afan Oromo is a strict requirement
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 28 September. 2021