Senior Associate III-Audit at Grant Thornton Advisory P.L.C
- Company: Grant Thornton Advisory P.L.C
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
MSE Certified Auditors Partnership (Formerly A.W. Thomas L.P.) was established in 1981 and has been in practice throughout Ethiopia since then. We have 4 partners and over 50 professional audit staff with extensive experience in the private sector, NGOs and Government enterprises. We are one of the two RIG approved auditors in Ethiopia to audit USAID resources throughout Africa and our quality control procedures were considered robust by other donors as well including the World Bank, European Commission, BFW…etc.
We are also a member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the leading advisory firms in the world.
Major Job Descriptions
Manage the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client and other statutory and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recoverability;
Manage effective delivery of engagements, ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement;
Develop points for discussion with managers;
Manage time appropriately and diligently;
Ensure jobs are fully completed by agreed deadlines unless renegotiated with the manager in advance;
Involve in the preparation of the audit work according to the audit plan;
Participate in all required learning(i.e. on the job training, internal/external courses) and obtain relevant certification and experience;
Assist in the preparation of the audit plan for clients considering the audit risk;
Create worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the knowledge sharing culture to support daily business activities and interactions;
Complete pre-audit activities and all working using voyager software;
Take responsibility to complete tasks as allocated by the managers/director;
Guide, coach and support associates;
Supervise associates daily work activities;
Review working files of associates;
Direct, coach and mentor associates to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement;
Assist the manager in monitoring the effectiveness of audit services delivered;
Performing other tasks as assigned by the audit manager/supervisor.
Education and Experience Required
- MA/BA in Accounting, Accounting & Finance and related fields
- 6 years’ experience for MA holders and 8 years’ experience for BA holders; and at least 2 years’ experience in Senior Auditor position.
Certification or License Required
- ACCA or equivalent is preferable
Ability and Skill Required
- Technically proficient in audit and accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Able to work multiple tasks efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit/working in a team
- Interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing
- Disciplined, organized, Open-minded, and self-learner
- Report writing, editing, data gathering and analytical skills.
- Communication both verbal and written, and outstanding customer relations.
Critical thinking, creative thinking and innovation
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021