Save the Children Jobs in Ethiopia : Nutrition Zonal Coordinator
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Amhara, Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Nutrition Zonal Coordinator|
|Code||SCI/TFO/ 001 /2019|
|Place of Work||Western Zone Tigray – Welkayt|
|Program/Unit||Growth through Nutrition|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization scale|
|No. of Positions||01|
|Length of Contract||One Year with Possibility of Extension|
The Nutrition Zonal Coordinator, based at zonal department, is responsible for the management of sector activities at zonal, woreda, and health facility or community levels in Growth through Nutrition implementation areas.
The Zonal Coordinator is expected to improve planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting processes as they pertain to Growth through Nutrition program activities. The incumbent works closely with the government structure and other zonal/cluster team members of Growth through Nutrition and related programs to ensure program integration at all levels. S/he is also expected to track physical implementation against activity plan and budget utilization under Growth through Nutrition health and Nutrition program component.
The position holder will provide nutrition related technical support at zonal, woreda, and community level to ensure the quality implementation of the program activities. S/he is responsible to strengthen zonal and woreda level nutrition multi-sectoral coordination. S/he ensures efficient and timely implementation of activities as per the approved operational plan, regularly mentors and coaches health facility staff, supervise and/or facilitate trainings at woreda level facilitate joint supportive supervision and share and document challenges, lessons and best practices faced during implementation
S/he is responsible to maintain close contact and liaise with Zonal/Woreda/Regional Health and Agriculture offices to ensure quality of documentation and utilization of nutrition and health data at woreda and health facilities. S/he is responsible for timely production and submission of reports and other deliverables such as health facilities program data for data base to regional office.
Reports to: Project Manager Nutrition
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· Prepares annual plan and participates in annual budget development for the program and ensures that Growth through Nutrition activities are fully harmonized with zonal, and health sector annual plans.
· Coordinates and technically supports zonal, woreda, and local stakeholders to assess needs related to nutrition and livelihoods to enhance the implementation of Growth through Nutrition.
· Develops terms of reference and facilitates trainings, meetings, and joint supportive supervision visits that will be conducted at zonal and woreda levels.
· Submits training reports, review meeting proceedings, and field travel reports to regional offices timely for documentation.
· Ensures multi-sectoral coordination of nutrition interventions at zonal, woreda and community levels.
· In collaboration with Agriculture/Livelihood Zonal Coordinators, ensures the effective implementation and integration of nutrition, WASH, livelihood, and SBCC components into the existing structures of the agricultural/health system.
· Ensure that nutrition guidelines, minimum nutrition standards, WASH, quality improvement on nutrition specific services, SBCC specific to nutrition, Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), and monitoring tools are implemented in National Nutrition Program target zones and woredas.
· Provides technical support through regular and joint supportive supervision visits to Woreda Health/Agriculture offices, health facilities, and communities.
· Ensures the nutrition agenda is highlighted during regular zonal and woreda level review meetings.
· In collaboration with MEAL manager, strengthens the capacity of Zonal/Woreda Health Offices and community in nutrition and health information management systems.
· Supports the Zonal Health Department in mentoring and follow-up of project trained health workers (HWs) and community members in implementing planned nutrition and WASH activities at all levels (zone, facility, and community).
· Ensures Growth through Nutrition selected HWs are trained as per the national guideline.
· Ensures the provision of appropriate mentoring and on-job training for HWs at targeted health facilities using project tools.
· Support health facilities ensure sustained supplies of nutrition commodities
· Ensures that resources allocated reach the right beneficiaries, for the right objective, and in a timely manner.
· Ensures that nutrition multi-sectoral coordination is strengthened, supports the livelihood team to mainstream nutrition into agriculture, and program activities are coordinated at all levels.
· Ensures that all donor compliance and Save the Children rules and regulations are strictly followed during day to day program operations.
· Collaborate with partners who are working on nutrition, WASH, and SBCC and government sectors to ensure planning and implementation of Growth through Nutrition convergence and layering activities.
· Ensures Growth through Nutrition activities are included in woreda annual implementation plans.
· Implements gender-sensitive activities related to nutrition at zonal, woreda, and kebele level.
· Enters program data for the target woredas accurately and correctly into the DHIS 2 database regularly and in a timely manner; crosschecks and verifies data entered into the database for accuracy and edits as required; and analyses and use data.
· Prepare and submit periodic reports, document and share lessons, challenges and best practices regularly
· Performs other related tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of first degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or Nursing and health/nutrition related fields of study
- At least four years of experience in implementing Health, Nutrition and/or related programs in Ethiopia.
- Excellent and demonstrated computer skills Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Competency in spoken and written English language
- Speak/understand local (regional) language
- An understanding of and commitment to Save the Children values.
- Experience/knowledge of supporting USAID funded grants with good understanding of Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP), National Nutrition program (NNP) and other health and nutrition related policies & strategies.
- Significant training experience (e.g. MIYCN, QI, BINLM, Coaching and mentoring, and WASH related etc) with community mobilization in support of Health and WASH related programs. Experience in conducting trainings, training of trainers, and organizational capacity building is an Asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the proven ability to work collaboratively with many organizations and stakeholders. Experience working with private sector, government agencies and beneficiaries on livelihoods programs.
- Knowledge and learning ability to integrate gender issues in nutrition focused interventions
· Demonstrated skills in partnership building and interpersonal communication.
· Existing relationship with zonal health and agriculture offices is preferred
· Experience in NGO setup
· Excellent in report writing skills
· Experience working in the region and understanding of local context
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before Jan 21, 2019
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.