Save the Children Jobs in Ethiopia : Meal Coordinator
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||MEAL Coordinator|
|Place of Work||Addis Ababa|
|Program/Unit||USAID’s building the potential of youth program|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the scale of the organization|
|No. of Positions||01|
|Length of Contract||One year with Possible extension|
ROLE PURPOSE: The coordinator supports the project for technical implementation to meet /exceed the M&E Operating Standards, also applies knowledge management and learning as part of the overall MEAL strategy, ensuring that the systems are institutionalized within the project office and respective implementing partners.
The coordinator is responsible for the implementation of USAID’s Building the Potential of Youth Activity M&E and knowledge management plan and system with particular emphasis on youth development for economic growth.
The coordinator works closely with the staff members of the six regions and other stakeholders in collecting data, information and publications for reporting. The coordinator enhances the current system for gathering, interpreting and managing multiple forms and reports of indicative youth and labor market information and resources necessary for learning, along with managing knowledge generated and necessary for the successful implementation of the project.
Reports to: Senior MEAL Specialist
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Work closely with the Senior MEAL Specialist and Youth Communication Specialist
Maintain project data base, support and ensuring that it complements and forms part of the overall MEAL system
Gather qualitative information, success stories, case studies, lessons learnt and other relevant information, ensuring that they are appropriately packaged, stored, shared and encouraging their application;
Ensure that data is stored accurately (updated, indexed) and confidentially
Manage and generate report using youth profile database, registration and other technical components.
Assist in the collection, reviewing, preparation and editing of quarterly and annual reports, briefing papers, and other documents as necessary
Assist the regional MEAL team in collecting, organizing and analyzing Activity data.
Enhance repository of all relevant program related documents, MEAL documents etc.
Share relevant learnings and information with partners, stakeholders and other parties through Share-point, Web page and other virtual communication channels
Assist the team in facilitating and organizing learning-, knowledge sharing-, and experience sharing events.
Participate in the conduct of documentation of project successes and learnings
Participate in the conduct of monitoring supervisions, evaluations and operation researches
Undertake other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Working with the Senior MEAL Advisor, develop the associated tools required to implement the KM&L minimum requirements to ensure that roll-out is standardized
Enhance the project’s ability to quickly identify and implement emerging trends in learning
Develop monitoring and evaluating mechanism for tracking progress of implementation of learning strategies and develop approaches to improve performance.
Through the MEAL Specialist, support implementing partners to prioritise KM&L and identify entry points
Design and conduct workshops on key project Monitoring Evaluation and learning topics
Build capacity of the MEAL staffs through formal training and on job support
Develop standard operating procedures and documentation for knowledge management and learning.
Keep track of all project monitoring in coordination with Potential staff members to ensure M&E implementation is effectively undertaken
As required provide training to raise awareness on the importance of collecting data and learning
With the Senior MEAL Specialist, feed into project correction and redesign to ensure that project is informed by learning
Make sure that technical staff have easy access to learning documents for reference purpose
Communication and Reporting
Produce reports on assessments, studies and research, program best practices and lessons learnt; ensure new analysis and information is readily available
Ensure effective storage of assessment, surveys and evaluations and/or organizational knowledge on the shared folders, and to use this knowledge base to promote learning across the program
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages and entrepreneurial approach
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Displays consistent excellent judgement
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
· BSc/MSc degree in development related subjects preferable Statistics, Economics,
· Recommended a minimum of five years in monitoring and evaluation, learning or research role, in NGO or other Organization’s development program.
· Experience of designing and managing MEAL systems, qualitative & quantitative data collection, processing and have analysis pre initiative
· Experience in youth workforce development MEAL system design and management
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Have a strong systematic and analytical thinking skills with strong interpersonal skill,
· Applicants should be excellent in written/spoken English, experience in producing report in their of assignment
· Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning culture
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
Scope & complexity of decision making
· Able to make decisions within a range of established alternatives
· Able to solve problems by selecting the most suitable procedure or method within guidelines and precedents; direction sought when solutions not within established guidelines or precedents
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL
· 60% out of duty station
COMPETENCIES (Choose the competency appropriate for the role and delete the other. 3-5 competency should be enough)
SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases (this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
· Leading (align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organization.
· Thinking (align with Ambition, creativity, collaboration and creativity)
Problem solving and decision-making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization and making appropriate judgements.
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
· Engaging (align with Collaboration, Creativity)
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before Jan 21, 2019
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.