Save The Children Jobs in Ethiopia : Community Development Facilitator
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Community Development Facilitator|
|Place of Work||Seriel kebele|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization Scale|
|No. of Positions||01 (One)|
|Reports to||FSL Officer|
|Length of Contract||One year|
The post holder works with particular geographical community in order to collectively bring social change, empowerment and improve quality of life. S/he mobilizes and motivates the community to critically discuss their situation and their roles and contributions in all decision making process and activities that affect their lives and the life of their community. The post holder will closely work with community members , community leaders and government Development Agents & health extension workers to help them tap in to their own knowledge and resource, provide them with latest scientific results, methods and techniques to increase income, productivity and production, improve quality and also aid interventions and assesses and updates the food security situations of the operational areas where he/she is assigned .S/he ensures real community participation in different stages of project cycle and facilitates a process of empowerment, learning and action.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Mobilize the community together with technical officers and Government Development Agents(DAs) and Health extension workers(HEWs) as appropriate for participation in planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
· Carry out the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of activities at community level
· Facilitates a process of community empowerment, learning and action
· Engage communities actively in making sense of the issues which affects their lives, setting goals for improvements and taking action through empowerment and participative process
· Conduct data collection, tabulation, analysis, documentation and dissemination
· Ensure participatory monitoring and evaluation of existing projects (local people are active participants-not just source of information)
· Acquire accurate information about selected beneficiaries’ families, their problems, needs and capabilities
· Acting as facilitator to promote self-help and other social groups in the community
· Participate in Planning, coordinating meetings and other events at kebele level
· Disseminates latest development ideas/technologies to community members/groups
· Use a variety of extension teaching methods which are suited to the situation and build the capacity of community and extension agents-knowledge, and skills
· Facilitates regular community meetings to discuss issues pertinent to program implementation and long term community development;
· Identify and document problems of rural people that needs further scientific research in order to get them solved
· Develop a simple and sustainable supervision and monitoring system to guide the communities in monitoring project activities
· Bring a psychological change in the minds (behaviour & attitude) of the rural people who are in favour of adopting better ways of life.
· Empowering local people to assume an active role in analysing their conditions, problems, and potentials in order to see a change in their situations through collective action
· Provide guidelines and facilitate the selection of beneficiaries for different interventions in consultation with officers and government partners and community representatives
· Actively solicit and involve minorities/disadvantage and other underrepresented groups
· Facilitate reflecting, experiential learning and sharing of good practices
· Promote adoption of approaches that leads to sustainable development
· Empowering community to run their own affairs through training and exposure
· Facilitate linkages with other stakeholders in order to ensure coordinated approach
· Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly work plan and activity based report in collaboration with technical officers as required
· Perform other related tasks as required
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Health & Nutrition, Natural Resource Management, Environmental science or relevant technical field.
· Minimum of 4 years of professional and technical experience for Diploma holder and 2 years for degree.
· Training in participatory approach/Participatory Learning and Action/extension service
· Professional work experience in organizing/conducting participatory learning
- Significant engagement with kebele government officials and stake holders like Kebele leader/manager, ADA, HEWs, livelihood & DRM committees
- Regular engagement with project beneficiaries at kebeles level
- The CDF reports to FSL Officer and functional relationship with H&N Project Officer, WASH Project Officer and Youth livelihood and employment specialist at Sekota.
- Regular engagement with the Field Office staff, the overall RESET PM, Senior Program Manager and FOM.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before 04-January- 2019 with in ten days.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.