Safety & Security Manager at Save The Children
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ethiopia
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Safety & Security Manager|
|Place of Work||Addis Ababa|
|Programme/Unit||Safety & Security|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization scale|
|No. of Positions||One|
|Length of Contract||One year with possibility of extension|
The overall objective of this position is to reduce the risks posed to the program personnel and assets of all national and international SC staff in Ethiopia through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused security management support, Security risk Management, briefings and inductions, security information management and trainings
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Safety and Security
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 8 regions plus Dire Dawa city in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately 1,900 staff and current expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
In the management of a categorized response there will be functional line reporting between Senior HRM and field staff, especially Field Operations Managers (FOMs)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Supports all departments at field level by addressing safety and security issues, facilitating training opportunities, and distributing information on all matters related to safety and security;
• Conducts Security Risk Assessment & supports the Field offices on this area;
• Collects and critically analyze safety and security information and reports from all field offices and provide advice to the Head of Security;
• Represents safety and Security department in partner meetings, program management meetings and events and reports on outcome;
• Coordinate the gathering and flow of security information with other relevant actors;
• Classifies security information according to its reliability and accuracy;
• Follows & updates safety & security KPIs;
• Ensures that regular security meetings are conducted with relevant departments;
• Undertake security assessments of program areas and potential programme areas as requested & report on findings and design necessary improvements;
• Supports the head of safety & security in Providing security orientation/briefing for incoming or newly appointed SC staff in Ethiopia;
• In close collaboration with Safety and Security head; reviews reports, and other technical documentation, to support the needs of all departments/ programs in the areas of safety and security, including summarizing requirements and identifying deliverables for departmental response; coordinates with all departments to ensure uniform application of safety and security policies and practices; coordinates and performs on-site safety and security reviews;
• Coordinates meetings with the Supply Chain and Human Resources departments to address the compliance of Safety and Security Essential Standards and to ensure staff safety & security;
• Update or develop new safety and security documents for field office and CO in timely manner;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Social Science field;
· 8 years of relevant progressive experience, out of which 3 years in managerial positions and experience with INGOs is advantageous
· Formal security qualification or advanced security management training
· Experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions
· Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), compilation of security reports and assessments
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
· Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
· Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other database/mapping systems
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken
· Ability to speak Amharic and preferably other local languages
· Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before or on May 5, 2019.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You should provide them upon request otherwise your application will reject.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter. All applications should be received within 10 working days of this advertisement.
We need to keep children safe and as such, our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicants, if invited for written exam or interview.