Rti International Jobs in Ethiopia : Finance Officer
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
RTI International is an international, independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services that meet the highest standards of professional performance.
RTI NTD projects support and expand Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention (MMDP) is a five-year cooperative agreement through which RTI supports and expands NTD control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. MMDP focuses on lymphatic filariasis and trachoma. To learn more about MMDP please visit: http://www.mmdpproject.org
The Finance Officer based in Addis Ababa is responsible for the day to day accounting function for ENVISION and Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention (MMDP) USAID-supported projects; which span the regions of Oromia, Tigray, Beneshangul-Gumuz and Gambella.
The Finance officer who directly report to Finance and Grant manager is responsible to post transactions in QuickBooks, monthly reconciliation of staff advances, VAT receivables and tax liabilities. He/She. He/She is expected to utilize appropriate systems and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds. The position requires frequent travels up to 40% of the time to Oromia, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, and Tigray region.
- Record expenses, advances, bank deposits any other accounting transactions in QuickBooks.
- Manage staff cash advance accounts and reconciliation the same. Responsible for collecting and depositing to the bank any cash balances at the end of a trip (where applicable).
- Collect and file of all cash and bank vouchers, maintain up-to-date, and complete voucher and filing systems maintaining voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Keep check stubs, cash receipts and withholding tax receipts in a permanent and safe place. Follow up on time printing if required maintaining appropriate stock balances.
- Physically present payments of monthly taxes, pension and withholding obligations to Government offices.
- Prepare journal vouchers or adjusting entries for necessary reviews and approvals.
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Prepare and process income tax, pension and provident fund to government on monthly basis.
- Prepare and submitted monthly VAT claims, follow up with USAID/ERCA for timely processing and collections.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of VAT report.
- Prepare a monthly reconciliation of staff advances, VAT receivable, Income tax, pension and withholding taxes payable accounts.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package.
- Prepare relevant journal vouchers in timely manner to address monthly financial reporting compliance issues raised by the Regional Office/Compliance team.
- Support Finance Managers during annual ChSA audits and any other organizational audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education & Experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance/Commerce and minimum 1 year for master’s or 3 years of working experience for Bachelor’s in accounting. Experience of working with USAID project preferable.
Skills & Abilities
Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems e.g., QuickBooks
- Ability to multi-task & work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
How to Apply
RTI invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position no later than January 20, 2019. Applications should consist of a letter, detailed curriculum vitae, supporting credentials and 3 professional references, including your professional relationship with that person, the person’s telephone number and an email address.
Successfully candidates is expected to start immediately.
Submit applications to [email protected] or through P.O.BOX: 21054/1000 Main Post Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or hand deliver to: RTI Office, Mafi City Mall, 5th floor, Room # 501, (Bole in front of Bole Medhanialem Church) with the position title on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.