Registration Assistant at UNHCR
- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ethiopia
The Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team and is supervised by a more senior member of the team who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The Registration Assistant is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. The Registration Assistant responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The Registration Assistant may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
- UNHCR’s Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
- Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
Type of Contract
- Temporary Appointment
Number of Positions
- 2 (Two)
Duration of Contract
- 8 Months
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education preferably with post-secondary training or certificate in social science, statistics, mathematics, information technology or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience (3 years with post-secondary certificate/training).
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- Practical field experience in remote and isolated regions of Ethiopia an added value.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a rapidly changing operational environment.
- Excellent inter-personal and networking skills required
Desirable qualification and competencies.
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN language.
Cross Functional Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Method of Application
Closing date: Jun 4, 2020