Regional Project Officer I – Problem Solving at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
Position: Regional Project Officer I – Problem Solving
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station(s): Bahir Dar
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: June 14, 2019
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support strategy development, strategic and operational planning, including:
• Structure own work stream, develop and apply appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches, collect data and complete high-impact analysis for robust recommendations;
• Prioritize assigned tasks and manage own work stream from start to finish, including timelines, content, and stakeholder input and validation;
• Identify and mobilize key required resources, including budgetary, human resources, etc. to ensure execution;
• Proactively identify risks and issues affecting work stream delivery, support problem solving on overcoming implementation obstacles, promptly communicate upward with solution options;
• Organize and conduct interviews with junior-to-senior level stakeholders;
• Deliver high-quality analyses, documents and presentations with communicating key insights;
• Where applicable, provide assistance to JPO in completing their activities.
• Support program management, stakeholder management and coordination, implementation problem-solving, and reporting, including:
• Present ideas and respond to queries clearly and concisely in team meetings and externally.
• Prepare, engage in and lead regular briefings and update with stakeholders;
• Prepare performance and financial reporting utilizing standard tools and templates;
• Synthesize implementation lessons learned for future refinement / best practice sharing.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree focus on Business, Economics, Agriculture, Public Policy, International Development, Business Administration and other relevant subject areas.
• 2-3/5-6 years’ relevant work experience for Msc/BSc degree respectively in management consulting or other strategically and analytically focused roles in public, private or development sector organizations;
• Interest in and familiarity with Ethiopia’s agricultural sector, agricultural and rural development.
• Genuine intellectual curiosity and desire to innovate and bring large-scale change.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and data gathering skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with highly collaborative working style.
• Experience with project and stakeholder management preferred.
• Experience in working within multi-cultural teams preferred.
• Strong willingness to learn, and ability to be a real team player.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, results and accountability.
• Strong personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
• Fluency in English and Amharic, and the working language of the specific region is required.
Education Level : Bachelor’s
Experience : 5-10 years
City : Bahir Dar
State : Amhara
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et<br< a=""> />• Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application. • Women are highly encouraged to apply. • Only short listed candidates will be contacted.