Regional Project Officer II – Crop Specialist at Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) – Amhara
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Ethiopia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Regional Project Officer II – Crop Specialist
Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Amhara
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: November 18, 2019
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyse agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Working under the supervision of the Regional Implementation Support Director, the Regional Project Officer – Crop Specialist will be responsible for providing technical guidance and conducting capacity building activities in delivery of crop related extension services to Agricultural One-Stop Shop/Center staff, and support Centers crop related extension services to smallholder clients. The Crop Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring that OSS grantees conduct thorough demand assessments in seeds (cereals, horticulture), agro-chemicals, farm tools and facilitating training/demonstration activities of these products for AOSS customers/smallholder farmers.
- Organize and conduct training programs and seminars for OSS staff and clients, in cooperation with program technical staff;
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching services on crop production related inputs to OSSs staff.
- Support OSSCs in inputs demand assessment so that OSSs inventory will be stocked in demand-based inputs.
- Support OSSs in demand creation and promotion of new products and services; by conducting series of demonstration, organizing field days, and experience sharing events.
- Organize and conduct training of smallholder farmers and extension agents on the value and use of improved inputs;
- Develop linkages between input suppliers, output markets and the OSSs;
- In conjunction with the business development officer, support OSCs to have access to improved agricultural technologies and facilitate technology demonstrations on OSS own land or on the land of OSS customer farmers;
- Assist OSSs to have a good working relationship with the local Office of Agriculture, Cooperative Promotion Office, Livestock Agency and any other relevant development partner operating in the area; and
- Other duties as required.
- BSc or MSc degree in Agriculture with specialization in crop production, irrigation, horticulture, crop protection, agronomy, plant science, agri-business or another relevant field.
- At least 6 years (for BSc) or 4 years (for MSc) experience in agriculture or crop production and/or protection capacity building, seed marketing, extension and outreach services in agronomy, horticulture, irrigation and input supply value chains.
- Understanding Ethiopia’s agricultural system, with a broad perspective on agrochemical and seeds and their supply system.
- Experience in donor-funded programs a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills.
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required; knowledge of other regional working languages is a plus.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) at http://apply.ata.gov.et
Also, please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application form.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.