Regional Project Coordinator for HPV/New Vaccine Introduction at Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Program for Appropriate Technologies in Health (PATH)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH in Ethiopia is currently implementing various high impact projects with the aim of saving and improving the lives of the most vulnerable and underserved women and children in the country. Currently, PATH is looking for Regional level project coordinator for Afar and Somali regions to primary support and strengthen the national immunization program particularly the national introduction of HPV vaccine and other new vaccines through technical assistance and providing direct support to the vaccine introduction. The Regional coordinator will be seconded to Afar regional health bureau based in Semera, and Somali regional health bureau based in Jijiga. The regional coordinator will report to the national senior technical HPV advisor based in Addis Ababa.
- The Regional Project Coordinator for HPV and new vaccine introduction will work as part of the Technical Support Team, and will provide technical assistance to Afar and Somali Region Immunization team, Under the direction of the central team, lead the development of the detailed HPV, MCV2 and PIRI Vaccine introduction plan with clear timelines and responsibilities
- Develop regional communication plan for the national HPV rollout, MCV2 introduction and PIRI in collaboration with RHBs and follow-up for timely execution of each activity.
- Facilitate regular review for the progress of the timely execution of all the pre introduction preparatory work and HPV/MCV2/PIRI implementation status with key stakeholders and partners, proactively support updating the timeline as necessary.
- Identify risks and potential delays to timely execution and subsequently work with RHB and PATH and other partners to develop mitigation plans
- Facilitate discussions with regional education bureaus how to maximally reach target children that are enrolled in schools and make sure agreed actions are timely executed.
- Design strategy and work with RHB and other stakeholders how best to reach out of school target girls.
- Coordinate post-launch monitoring and implementation activities to support acceleration of coverage, including identifying bottlenecks and
- The Regional Project Coordinator will be based in the regional health bureau of Afar and Somali regions. S/he should be fluent in local languages i.e Afar language for the position in Afar Health Bureau and Somali language for the position at Somali Health Bureau.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Work closely within regional government to facilitate liaising with partners and stakeholders, in order to ensure continuity of the implementation of the planned activities for HPV, MCV2 and PIRI introduction
- Help develop detailed regional HPV and other New Vaccine introduction (NVI) plan as well as PIRI with timelines and clear responsibilities, taking into account information on the likely timing of the release of the Vaccine Introduction Grant and of Vaccine Supply
- Assist Afar RHB to facilitate the different technical working group meetings in preparation and timely distribution of training manuals, guidelines, job-aids, and communication tools on HPV, MCV2 and PIRI.
- Conduct preliminary supportive supervision and report the findings to the Afar RHB, zones and woredas on different preparatory activities of the HPV roll out and MCV2 introduction as well as PIRI including support to any necessary analysis of data
- Organize zonal and district micro-planning –exercise and collect and compile MPs at regional level
- Support the PIRI regional implementation
- Support and coordinate regional communication working group in developing/adapting appropriate communication materials for HPV roll-out, MCV2 introduction and PIRI to address all target population including out of schoolgirls for HPV
- Follow up and make sure all vaccines and other necessary supplies are timely distributed.
- Facilitate advocacy visits to different stake holders at regional and zonal levels
- Support RHBs in clearly communicating roles and responsibilities of lower administrative levels in HPV, MCV2 introduction and PIRI in selected Woredas of the region as needed
- Execute addition responsibility given by supervisor.
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Officer or BSc nursing and having master’s in public health is an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in public health programming, with particular experience in the area of immunization and maternal/child health programs.
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with government, partners, donors and international organizations at various levels.
- Experience in facilitating meetings and moderating complex discussions with a variety of stakeholders (including religious and clan leaders) preferred.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities and work under minimal/remote supervision.
- Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, including cross-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Somali region.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to districts, estimated to be about 60%.
Positions: 2 (One for Afar and one for Somali region)
How to Apply
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, Please visit http://www.path.org/jobs or send copy of your credentials and cover letter specifying to which region you are applying using the below address to PATH office in Ethiopia.
PATH office in Ethiopia
P.O. Box 493 Code 1110
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.