Regional Poultry Specialist at Fintrac Inc
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fintrac Inc
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Fintrac is looking to hire a Regional Poultry Specialist (RPS) for the Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity. The activity will contribute to the government of Ethiopia’s objective of improving agricultural productivity and the commercialization of smallholder farmers through an inclusive approach that integrates nutrition-sensitive interventions and climate-smart agriculture with value chain development. The purpose of the position Regional Poultry Specialist (RPS) is to plan, implement and monitor the FtF EVCA poultry intervention in regions. She/he will be required to work in close coordination with Poultry Technicians (PT) based in the Woredas, FtF EVCA Regional team, and Poultry Value Chain Advisor in Addis Ababa. He/ She has to work closely with regional, zonal and Woreda Livestock Bureaus, City Councils, Cooperative, and SME Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), private sectors working on poultry (pullet, feed, health, market etc.).
Management & Coordination (60% of time)
She/he will manage and coordinate all activities undertaken in the region. Manage the PTs to undertake their activities, provide technical assistance, collaborate and coordinate with other implementing institutions (training service delivery, multiplication centers, other input suppliers) to ensure activities are undertaken as per the plan.
Oriented by his/her supervisor he/she will implement other assignments related to the engagement of women and youth in poultry related activities as well as assignments for action-research etc.
Provide a monthly and quarterly report to the Poultry Value Chain Advisor.
Monitoring and Evaluation role (20% of the time)
Ensure that the PTs have captured the necessary data and real-time entry in FtF EVCA data entry system.
- RPS directly works with Multiplication centers and other inputs suppliers to ensure the contract with customers is well implemented. The main task is to facilitate the relationship between suppliers and consumers (small-scale youth, women enterprises) to create a win-win situation.
- Coordinate and follow-up the relationship (sub-grant) to be established with NGOs, Business Development Service providers in the respective regions. The main work will be Training of Trainer on Vaccination and Field Poultry Management and Business.
- Maintain smooth coordination with Regional, Zonal and Woredas Livestock Bureaus, City Councils, Cooperative and SME Agencies and other stakeholders. Attend regional meetings related to poultry.
- Assess regional market outlets of poultry products as well as an assessment of existing potential buyers in the Region.
- Coordinate with the other RPS to learn, share experiences and create linkages (market, input supply etc.).
- Assist VCA regional team and Poultry Value Chain Advisor to prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document.
- Compile and submit timely project performance and field reports and maintain proper project performance results recording and filing.
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of planned strategies and activities at the project sites (selected Woredas).
- Provide technical support, supervision & coaching to Poultry Technicians to deliver results as per the plan.
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science, in livestock and rural Development, Agro-economics or related field.
- At least 5 years in animal health management, especially in support of cooperatives, private enterprises, and extension services.
- Mandatory to speak the regional language in addition to Amharic and English.
- Having proven experience on riding a motorcycle
- Able to work under pressure and deal concurrently with multiple assignments
How to Apply
On the subject line, please clearly write the position and region you are applying for
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone communication will result automatic disqualification.