Protocol/Accountant at British Embassy Addis Ababa
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: British Embassy Addis Ababa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Protocol/Accountant A2 (19/19 ADD) – AU
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Protocol, Visits and Events
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
Working on clearance of official consignments; assisting staff on Visa, driving license, diplomatic ID cards, vehicle registration, etc. and managing team budget and working as an emergency cover for Accounts team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Arranging import and export clearance – Unaccompanied Airfreight (UAF), Heavy Baggage, Cars, Pets, Medical items and other goods.
- Working on new registration and transfer of vehicles.
- Obtaining diplomatic cards, driving licences, duty free papers, visas, etc.
- Liaison with Ethiopian government offices over payment of bills, custom clearance and other matters where the Embassy need assistance.
- Clearance of Embassy goods from Customs and working closely with local and UK agents.
- Ensure that VIP facilities are available at the airport.
- Work with Her Majesty’s consul on British Nationals protocol matters.
- Work on medical evacuation as required.
- Managing the section’s budget – monitoring and controlling the spend, forecasting and amending as required
- Managing Protocol section’s imprest
- Looking after all off-platform charging to Partners Across Government (PAGs)
- Work as an emergency cover for Accounts office
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of college diploma on logistics management, accounting or related field
- 3 years or more experience on similar position
- 3rd grade or equivalent valid driving license
- Good English
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Basic computer skills
Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service
Application deadline: 23 July 2019
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: 36
Duration of Post: 24 months
Location (City): Addis Ababa
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary: ETB 16,045.66
Start Date: 1 September 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Willing to work for extended hours, mid night and early morning as needed
Annual Leave and Public Holidays:
Locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to paid annual leave as follows:
Up to 2 years 22 days
After 2 years services 25 days
After 5 years services 30 days
In addition to annual leave, the British Embassy observes up to a maximum number of 14 Ethiopian, British and Religious public holidays each year. A list of such Embassy holidays will be published each year. Office Staff required to work on these holidays will be granted time off in lieu or overtime where circumstances permit.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay the fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
Click on the position name below to go to our recruitment portal and apply for the job:
Protocol/Accountant A2 (19/19 ADD) - AU
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.