Protection Specialist – MHPSS at Danish Refugee Council
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Gambela Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working under the direct management of the Deputy Area Manager, the Protection Specialist – MHPSS will be responsible and accountable for designing and conducting a research on the psychosocial stressors and traditional coping mechanisms of youth in Dimma, Gambella region. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for the capacity building of DRC protection staff on IASC MHPSS Guideline and Psychological First Aid
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Conduct assessment on psychosocial stressors and traditional coping mechanisms focusing on Female and Male youth in Okugo refugee camp and the surrounding community.
- Design a holistic and comprehensive community based psychosocial support program based on assessment findings and existing capacities, customized to the local context.
- Conducting trainings to build the capacity of DRC and partners staff on PFA and PSS in line with relevant International guidelines and standards.
- Technically support and mentor the youth empowerment officer and assistant officer based on a mentoring plan developed in coordination with the Deputy area manager
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Acting in line with DRC’s vision and values
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 3-5 years of experience in youth empowerment and in managing youth friendly services
- Experience in developing community based psychosocial support programs for women, children and youth
- Experience in capacity building and training
- Experience in conducting assessments focusing on PSS
- Good facilitation and writing skills
- Be able to provide registration and tax certificate
- Proficiency in Amharic and English
M.A/ B.A in Psychology/Sociology/Social work Education/ ECCD/Special Needs or other relevant field from a recognized institution
Excellent verbal and written proficiency in Amharic and English
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than April 14, 2019.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.