Protection & Scout Senior Supervisor at Braam Flowers P.L.C
- Company: Braam Flowers P.L.C
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ethiopia
Braam Flowers p.l.c. is an international flower exporting company. It is established in Batu/ziway town, Oromiya Region East shewa zone. Specifically; the farm is found in sher Ethiopia flower farm compound, which is found along the way to the left of Addis Ababa to Moyle international road. It was established In April 2009 G.C. It is a family business, which owned and operated by Hollanders’. The company produces spry roses, which is different from normal roses. Spry rose has more than 3 heads on one steam and normal roses have 1 head on one steam. The company start its operation on 9.5 hector. After two years the company expand its farm with additional 11.5 hectors on 2011 G.C.
Summary Statements of duty and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Farm Manager, the protection Manager has the overall responsibility of monitoring all employees’ performance that is under his/her supervision and day to day activities in the production department.
Detailed responsibilities and Tasks
The essential function of this position includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage Knapsack Spraying.
- Supervise Full Block Spraying.
- Scouting for deceases in the crop and treat them well
- Hand application /broadcasting of certain chemicals along the beds.
- Prepare trusted employee data to the secretary and the Management
- Prepare any reports as required by the Management
- Requesting and collecting chemicals from Main-store.
- Daily location of duties to the Sprayers.
- Ensuring that the spray equipment are in good condition.
- Supervising and ensuring that mixing of the chemicals is done at the recommended rates and pumped to blocks where spraying is taking place.
- Keeping of spray records and maintenance of spraying equipment.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of P.P.E. in your Section.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Management from time to time.
Minimum skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Agriculture, plant science, horticulture or any other related field.
- Ample experience in flower farming would be an asset.
- Proven leadership skills in farming.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of human power.
- Good management and communication skill.
- Demonstrated analytical knowledge.Able and willing to work under stress environment and should perform tasks independently.
- Fluent in English & Amharic.
- Knowing additional local language will have an advantage
How to Apply
Email Address [email protected]