Project Officer-Peace Building at Catholic Relief Services
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Catholic Relief Services – CRS
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Project Officer-Peace Building
Department: Peace Building and Protection
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite period
Reports To: Program Manager, Peace Building and Protection
Application Deadline: May 7, 2019
As a member of the Peace Building and Protection program unit, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the implementation of CRS Ethiopia peacebuilding activities throughout the project cycle in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Develop tools and activities on build peacebuilding, conflict prevention and conflict resolution for different groups in the community.
- Conduct conflict analysis and peacebuilding needs of communities in intervention areas.
- Support the preparation of high-quality reports as needed by the local government, donors, the region or headquarters.
- Identify capacity building needs and provide peacebuilding training as required for staff, beneficiaries, and partners.
- Ensure the proper utilization of the project budget as per the DIP in line with CRS and donor financial guideline and procedure.
- Develop tools/ methodologies to mainstream peacebuilding in to different CRS programs and projects.
- Provide any support to peace building, protection and partnership program unit as may be requested by the supervisor.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Positions):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- BA/ MA degree in Conflict Studies, Political Sciences and International Relations, Law, Social Sciences
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience for MA degree and four (4) years for BA degree
- Proven experience working on peace building programs
- Fluency in English and the local language
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A previous experience in an international NGOs is a strong advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment with good interpersonal skills
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/91143813394558 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV and application letter only before the application deadline May 7, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by May 7, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted.
These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
Note: CRS is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.