Project Officer Grants – LRO at Catholic Relief Services
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio ranging from very large food-supported emergency response to cutting edge development programs. The current CRS/Ethiopia budget stands at $100 million with funding from the U.S. Government, UN agencies, private foundations, individual donors, and CRS private funds.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Project Officer, Grants
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the LRO program
Technical Advisor I for Innovation grant
May 5, 2019
As a member of the Livelihood for resilience -Oromia (LRO) project team, the Grant officer will monitor and report on clerical and accounting services related to LRO project in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The candidate’s thorough and service-oriented approach is expected to support in his/her role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standard.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their financial transactions.
· Support accountability through coordinating financial project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare financial reports per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on financial staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Frequently travel to field office and partners office to evaluate loan guarantee and other financial documents related to LRO project,
· Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan financial related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
· Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, beneficiaries, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents, questioned costs and outstanding balances.
· Review and facilitate financial liquidations and monthly cash forecast requests to partners,
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Ma/MSC or BA/BSC degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration, Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
· Minimum of two years’ work experience for MA/MSC or four years work experience for BA/BSC in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
· Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
· Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (50% field travel is required when there is a demand)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through the link https://form.myjotform.com/91144032930548 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline May 5, 2019
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**