FAWE (Forum for African Women Educationalists) is a non-governmental organization operating in 33 African countries with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. FAWE was created in 1992 with the purpose to promote education for girls and young women who had been excluded from the education system.
The FAWE Ethiopia Chapter, one of FAWE national chapters, started in 1994, and its mission is to promote gender equity and equality in education in Ethiopia by fostering positive policies, practices and attitudes towards girls’ education in collaboration with MoE. Since its inception, the chapter has keenly participated in promoting girls’ education in Ethiopia from the national to the community level.
Fawe Ethiopia Chapter would like to announce for the following vacancies for the Master Card Foundation (MCF) project.
The position holder is responsible for duties, tasks and activities enabling positive change for girls’ education programs; follows up the ongoing programs and provide pertinent professional and technical support; develops new programs and uses associated resources to achieve predetermined mission, objectives and goals of the organization through strategic plans with little or remote supervision from his /her immediate supervisor
Education : First Degree in Economics, Development studies, Social Science or
any related field(s)
Experience: At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Ability to proactively scan the environment at assigned project;
- Ability to actively and consciously perform project tasks;
- Ability to communicate information selectively and properly; and
- Ability to develop and or review project proposals.
1. Type of employment : One year with possible extension based on performance
2. Salary : As per the organization scale
3. Place of Work : Addis Ababa with frequent field trip