Project Officer at CARE Ethiopia
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: CARE Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Objectives: The purpose of the Project Officer position is to provide technical and professional support to assist in planning and implementing project activities in Afar field office of AWH project intervention woredas; and aimed at in building the capacity of woreda and kebele level partners for efficient implementation of the project. S/he will develop and maintain close working relationship with Government sector experts and officials responsible for empowering women and girls in their designated area, as well as with other individuals and organizations related to the project. Project Officer will also facilitate training, technical and logistic assistance for planning, implementation and M & E of project activities in accordance with agreed project document guidelines & proposal.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Training and Technical Support:
· Provide technical and logistic assistance and motivate the government counterparts as needed to promote timely reporting, investigation, follow-up of project activities.
· Plan, organize, and conduct meetings with government officials, local organizations, staff, non-government organizations, and others to promote understanding of, support for, participation in, and effective implementation of project activities.
- Maintain up-to-date data related to project activities for the area of responsibility and ensure analysis and interpretation of this data for improvement of project activities in the area.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with Government officials responsible for a significant economic, health, social benefits to the pastoralist girls themselves, their family and the wider community.
- Provides support for all trainings, workshops, and meetings conducted at woreda level, which includes preparing training plan in organizing and facilitating events.
Planning and Supervision:
- Provide training, technical and logistic assistance for planning and implementation of the project components in accordance with guidelines & procedures of the organization.
· Conducts joint, supportive and facilitative supervision with woreda partner staffs on the project activities.
- Supervises project activities and budgets, which includes tracking of project activity.
Networking and Learning:
- Works closely with communities, health facilities and Woreda key sector Offices to promote HTPs/FGM and other community level institutions that improve women and girls’ life;
- Keeps update with developments in the sector, including best practice examples and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned in available forums.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly progress reports and submits to Project Manager;
- Facilitate woreda partners to initiate a simplified TORs from annual work plan and insist them to prepare monthly plan accordingly
- Coordinates quarterly review meetings;
· College Diploma in social science, community development, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· BSc Degree in social science, community development, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 3 and above years of experience in Community development, empowerment of pastoralist women and girls and SRH.
C. Technical Skills
· Knowledge of local language is advantageous;
· Language proficiency in written and spoken English;
· Computer literacy in MS-Word, Excel;
· Interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
· Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
· Training/facilitating skill.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page directly to [email protected], or submit hard copy to
Afar Field Office
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying
“Project Officer”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women