Project Officer at African Disability Forum
- Company: African Disability Forum
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Development and Project Management
The African Disability Forum (ADF) is a continental membership organization of Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) in Africa whose vision is to see an inclusive Africa where all persons with disabilities and their families have their rights and voices respected and participate actively in the life of their communities and nations as outlined in the United Nations’ Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
The We are Able! (WaA!) programme strives at co-creating inclusive governance for access to basic resources that leaves no one behind. We are able! focuses on empowerment, amplifying voices and creating resilience among people (including men, women and youth) with disabilities, who are the core target group, and other excluded groups, particularly those faced with food insecurity in areas of protracted crises. The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is being implemented by a consortium consisting of ZOA, the African Disability Forum, See You Foundation (Light for the World), the Leprosy Mission Netherlands, VNG International and The Hague Academy for Local Governance. The programme will be implemented together with the local partners in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
The overall responsibility of the position is to coordinate, facilitate, support and ensure smooth implementation of all activities of the ADF “We are Able” Project. He/she will work under direct supervision of the ADF Project Manager and will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and may travel to project sites when needed and requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and share quality periodic work plans and progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and share with the line manager meeting deadlines.
- Coordinate and support to ensure effective implementation of all project activities according to project document and work plans and ensure alignment with other project partners.
- Act as expert for support and technical assistance to the project implementing ADF members/OPDs and consortium partners for smooth implementation of their activities.
- Provide feedback, add value, advice and recommendations to ADF member OPDs and WaA Consortium Partners in the field of disability, inclusion of persons with disabilities, accessibility and food security.
- Produce terms of reference/concept note for a project activity, implement the activity after obtaining approval and share quality activity report for each activity implemented.
- Lead for facilitation and organization of seminars, workshops, trainings and meetings and field visits in collaboration with colleagues, ZOA staff, OPDs and stakeholders.
- Comply to and ensure that the safeguarding policies of ADF are implemented at all levels in the project implementation sites
- Gather field information for documenting best practices, learning for developing communication materials such as publications, videos and manuals and stories of change.
- Represent the project and ADF before stakeholders and in different coordination platforms and work closely with partners.
- Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the Project Manager and/or the Executive Director.
- First degree in Social Work, Developmental Studies, Disability and Human Rights or related field.
- Experience working with Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs) and persons with disabilities is an asset.
- Knowledge and good understanding about disability rights and inclusion of persons with disabilities.
- At least three years of experience in design, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of NGO projects.
- Language requirement: fluency in English language. French highly desirable!
- Knowledge of International Sign Language is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point) and online/virtual communications
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and able to work in multicultural teams
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 26 September. 2021