Helvetas is an international network of independent affiliate member organisations working in the field of development cooperation and emergency response.
Summary of the Job
Head the PMU with regard to the operational implementation of the UP-WOMEN project in line with the Annual Plan of Operation and along the principles of project cycle management and gender transformation. Facilitate and coordinate with the implementing partners (government and training providers) the tasks especially assigned to HELVETAS Ethiopia as o\iera II implementer of the project. Prepare consolidated Annual Plan of Operation (APO) and Reports and Provide the respective financial information.
Facilitate and coordinate with local government stakeholders, training providers, and potential employers and others the implementation of the UP-WOMEN along the principles of overall project cycle management and the elaborated APO as well as the RBF (result based financing). Provide overall support as stated in the AOP to ensure that UP-WOMEN project results in gainful employment for young women. Interact closely with the partners & stakeholders in fields of women*s empowerment, social equity and jobs creation for the best outcomes.
Facilitate and coordinate with various governmental offices, but in particular with the regional and City Administration Women’s affairs, jobs creation, TVET bureau and offices respectively for the most effective and gender transformative implementation of the UP-WOMEN along the principles of project cycle management, RBF as elaborated in the APO. Provide TA to various governmental offices, but in particular to the City Administration Offices as the lead, in the areas of short term skills training, gender transformative skills training and employment and capacity building of training providers within the framework of the approved APO. Interact closely and ensure that the project partners have the required capacities in the above stated technical fields through close collaboration with Project officers.
Facilitate and coordinate with the Program Directorate (PD), especially with Communication Officer on the elaboration and dissemination of knowledge products (documentation of experiences & lessons learnt in various forms). Particularly document learning on gender transformative approaches, jobs creation and the use of the RBF. Produce impact reports and other evidence-based inputs and/or documents if and when required by HELVETAS Ethiopia or its Head Office in CH.
- Ensure the UP-WOMEN project is implemented at regional and city administration level in line with the Project Document and the APO;
- IV\anage and follow up the proper execution ot the UP-WOMEN project and achieve concrete progress on the attainment of its goal and objectives, outcomes and outputs;
- Propose and/or negotiate specific agreements with partners to be endorsed and signed by the Deputy/Country Director;
- Ensure that PD is informed about the project progress and any special, important matters;
- Supervise all financial transactions, budget utilization and proper fund management of the Project;
- Prepare Annual Plan of Operation and budget in collaboration with relevant staffs with the participation of key stakeholders;
- Assume responsibility for all HR related matters of the project team, including recruitment, work planning and performance management and review.
Partnership and Capacity Building:
- As representative of Helvetas on this project, ensure that the collaboration among the implementers/stakeholders functions well and project implementation is in line with the APO;
- Ensure that the project partners receive the necessary technical assistance in the designated technical fields lead by the project officers;
- Contribute to solid collaboration and partnership of efforts with strategic partners, notably the regional bureaus of TVET, WCYA, Education and EJC through smooth communication and high credibility;
- Provide technical and methodological support to key partners included in the Project;
- As representative of the lead agency, ensure that the collaboration with partners at regional and city administration level functions well and project implementation is in line with the APO;
- Ensure that the governmental partners and training providers enjoy TA in the designated technical fields through POs and CA level facilitators;
- Provide support to key partners, facilitate the process of planning, implementation and monitoring of Project activities;
- Develop and carry-out results-based project management to ensure high Project quality, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Produce timely and accurate (both regular and exception) reports and communicate to the relevant regional government offices and HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, Country Office, Addis Ababa;
- Work out monthly and quarterly rolling activity plan, follow through the implementation of the activities;
- Participate in regular project reviews and experience exchange meetings, share lessons learnt, and represent HELVETAS views and communicate its roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that experiences and lessons learnt out of the project are well documented;
- Ensure that a robust project monitoring and evaluation system is implemented to monitor the logical framework outcome and output indicators and M&E manual, and the responsibilities outlined therein;
- Ensure that technical information is up-to-date and internally as well as externally disseminated;
- Gather, analyses and document relevant project and other development information for knowledge management and share with project staff for organizational learning.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Post graduate Study in Social Sciences (development studies, gender studies, law);
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in development work at least with 4 years of project management experience;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of gender, vocational training, and jobs creation/employment sectors in Ethiopia;
- Proven track record in conceptualizing and implementing projects in a multi-implemented and gender cantered development approach;
- Proven record in knowledge management and documentation;
- Post-graduate certificate in management, education is advantageous;
- Knowledge in Project cycle management, Institutional Development and Gender;
- Commitment to gender equality and gender transformation
- Strong motivator, facilitator and mentor/coach;
- Well-developed negotiation, facilitation, advisory, mediation and mentoring competencies;
- Capable and willing to work and travel in difficult condition;
- Excellent, conceptual, visionary and programmatic competencies;
- Good reporting and writing skills;
- Result-oriented personality meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural competencies and sensitivity;
- Eager to learn and fill gaps where needed;
- Shares and promotes the values and development concept of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation;
- Motivated, persuasive individual showing judgement by recognizing and setting priorities.