Project Manager at Millennium Water Alliance – Ethiopia
- Company: Millennium Water Alliance – Ethiopia
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Amhara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia - Project Management Jobs in Ethiopia
The Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) is a permanent global alliance of leading humanitarian, research, and business organizations that convenes, integrates, and influences critical players in the business, technology, government and NGO sectors to supply safe drinking water and sanitation (WASH) to millions of people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Founded in 2002, MWA tests, innovates and scales effective and sustainable solutions towards this goal.
The Project Manager will work closely with the MWA Ethiopia team and program partners to support programmatic and administrative needs of the organization, with a specific focus on a pilot project on WASH in schools. This position will be located in Dera District, with frequent travel to and work requirements located in Bahir Dar. The main activities of this position are to support the technical and administrative implementation of a WASH in School project, facilitate learning exchanges among MWA program partners on the WASH in Schools project and, documentation of activities, changes, challenges and learnings.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan activities in consultation with MWA program partners and government sector offices
- Execute project activities in timely and accurate manner
- Maintain strong and proactive working relationships with member organizations and all partners
- Lead knowledge management, documentation and archiving of learning materials and resources for WASH in schools project and other program opportunities of MWA
- Develop and manage program schedule for timely completion of deliverables
- Develop workshop, site visit and meeting agendas and prepare necessary presentations and facilitation
- Provide guidance and maintain frequent communications with program partners
- Analyze the pilot Behavior Change intervention in selected schools to provide detailed comparison with other approaches
- Prepare and submit periodic updates and reports, including funder reports, considering timelimess and and quality parameters
- Support program partners with identification of best practices, write up and dissemination of best practices and learnings
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for programs
- Support the implementation of water quality improvement through government capacity development in planning, coordination and monitoring of the Dispensers for
- Safe Water (DSW) implementation
- Assist the regional level advocacy, supply chain establishment, and partnership development with government and private sector actors.
- Manage logistics aspects of collaborative learning and monitoring visits in Dera Woreda with partners from across multiple woredas and Addis Ababa
- Plan, schedule, convene and facilitate meetings with multiple partner and stakeholders
- Provide all logistics and administrative support for convenings in Dera Woreda or Bahir Dar for WASH in schools or Sustainable WASH Program related convenings, learning events, meetings, etc.
- Provide administrative facilitation with internal/external parties, confirming appointments, drafting letters etc
- Manage office keeping such as arranging for repair and maintenance of office equipment, receive, store and maintain office supplies and equipment, and send, receive and sort mail and other packages;
- Make travel arrangements for the Unit’s staff as well as partner representatives when deemed necessary;
- Create and maintain office documents such as, reports, payment requests, proposals, contracts/agreements and other correspondences;
- Facilitate procurement requests for travel, office supplies/equipment, and provides administrative supports as required;
Additional Responsibilities : Additional duties as needed to support MWA’s successful program delivery in Ethiopia
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Other vital relationships:
Internal: key relationships with Regional Project Coordinator, Finance and Administration Manager and Monitoring and Learning Manager.
External: strong collaborative relationships with MWA member organizations; regional, zonal and woreda government; and other WASH sector actors in Amhara region.
Duty Station: Dera District, South Gondar Zone with travel to adjacent districts
Contract Duration: June 1, 2022 – December 31, 2023, contingent upon funding approval and with possibility for extension of contract duration.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis
- Pays close attention to detail
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as fax machines and intercom systems.
- Works well with a range of different individuals and organizations
- Possesses diplomatic and influencing skills both written and verbal
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively to plan events and support marketing
- Demonstrates excellent time-management skills and a limited need for supervisory support
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Public Health, Behavior Change Communication, Social Sciences or similar field of study with at least 5 years experience in the development sector with a minimum of 3 years experience in the WASH.
- Experience with international NGOs or UN Agencies is an added advantage
- Knowledge in supporting development programs in Ethiopia
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 23 May. 2022