Project Manager Internal/External (FINISH Project) at Amref Health Africa
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Amref Health Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Oromia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent. With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening. Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit Project Manager based in Adami Tullu, Jido Kombolcha and will report to Program Manager.
A. JOB OBJECTIVE
Overall management and implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities in the specific project.
B. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide managerial support to the project team.
- Responsible for the overall project matters such as day to day management, resource management
- Responsible for project reporting
C. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Provides management leadership in the project though co-ordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities and supervision of staff in the project.
2. Ensure timely implementation of the project and follow the project’s implementation in line with the intended objectives.
3. Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates project activities including:
- Preparing project work plans and budgets on annual and ad-hoc basis.
- Assigning work on project implementation and undertaking continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities.
- Designing and implementing research and development activities.
4. In consultation with the program manager and M&E disseminates project information by preparing and disseminating project reports on a regular basis, including financial and technical reports and all required project information to Amref health Africa internal users.
5. Provides financial management for the project including:
- Preparation of budgets on annual basis or on ad-hoc basis.
- Control of project resources
- Approve and monitor project expenditures for other project staff.
- Submit timely financial progress reports.
6. Provides technical support in all phases of the project cycle, from appraisal, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through regular field visits, training-based capacity building, and desk-based feedback to field staff and partners.
7. Maintain regular communication with members of the project management team and other members of the country programs.
8. Initiate and maintain smooth collaboration with other actors on the ground.
9. Submit progress reports to key partners.
10. Ensures programme integration and growth by participating in country meetings and developing new project concepts and initiatives.
11. Develop concept note and project proposal
12. Undertakes other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- MSC in Environmental Health and directly related work experience.
- More than 4 years relevant experience in managing WASH project with specific focus to sanitation and hygiene projects preferably in context of the project operational area
The following comprehensive and specific competencies are required of the candidate:
§ Diversity and inclusion, integrity, communication, working with people, drive for results, relating and networking, persuading and influencing, planning and organizing, learning and researching, coping with pressure and obstacles, adapting and responding to change, following instructions and procedures
§ Excellence, respect, facilitating change, building commitment, collaborating, developing team, communicating with impact, facilitate team success.
- Proficiency in MS applications and navigating the internet
- Fluency in English and knowledge of the local language.
- Strong communication skill-oral and report writing skill
- Strong negotiation skill and good understanding of partnership
- Ability to initiate work, perform duties independently
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Terms of employment: Initially for 3 months with possibilities of extension based on performance and availability of funding
Duty Station: Adamitulu Jido Kombolcha
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through [email protected] or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is July 21st, 2019. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
•Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.