Project Finance and Administration Officer – 2 Positions at Self Help Africa
- Company: Self Help Africa
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Zemen - Legambo - Woreta
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting / Finance Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The position holder is key staff member in overseeing the financial and administration functions for the SHA/Glimmer of Hope Project as part of the overall responsibility. The position holder will report directly to the Cluster Coordinator in Addis Zemen/Woreta and Akesta/Legambo with a dotted line to the Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA) in Addis Ababa. He/She will also work closely with the HR and Admin Officer in Addis Ababa to follow up and submit documentation on HR related matters.
- Reviews and compiles accountancy activities in harmony and online with the internal, HQ, and external relevant regulations.
- Plans and ensures disbursement of cash for project activities timely and accurately.
- Plans and ensures proper delivery of expense or payment documents to HoFA after verifying the compliance of those documents in accordance with general and accepted principles of accounting, internal, HQ, and external relevant regulations.
- Verifies, checks, and ascertains the accuracy and validity of invoices, documents submitted to HoFA after for payments, and arranges payments accordingly.
- Informs to immediate supervisor for promptly corrective actions on observed irregularities, discrepancies, errors, or any deviations before preparing and effecting payment.
- Effects or ensures payment are made according to agreements and from the appropriate fund.
- Makes or ensures that payment requests and documents are approved by authorized person/s and prepares payments vouchers, codes and analyses documents.
- Collects and communicates all relevant information and data about active project personnel and maintain an up-to-date list of personnel in the payroll by making timely entries of all active project employees;
- Ensures that all unused official documents (cash receipts, check payment vouchers, petty cash payment voucher, etc) of the organization are properly registered, distributed, and stored, as appropriate.
- Provides payroll inputs to HoFA for the preparation of monthly payroll for SHA employees according to policies and procedures and applicable laws of the country;
- Upon verification of the payroll allocates costs to respective funds and pass appropriate accounting entries;
- Remits income tax collection to Revenue and Customs Authority in accordance with requirements of the relevant laws;
- Deposits and or advises same to be deposited staff pension contribution (Provident Fund) to the appropriate fund collector in accordance to the prevailing laws, policies and procedures;
- Checks and ensures timely processing of collection of funds from the Country office for settlements of obligations;
- Ensures and confirms project cash and other documents are kept safely and used accurately;
- Prepares notification of charges or invoices to those concerned projects or personnel, in consultation with HoFA and immediate supervisor;
- Performs his/her jobs actively or proactively in closely or virtually working with program accountant;
- Reports on effective usage of allocated financial resources to projects, to head office through immediate supervisor;
- Prepares cash outflow in consultation with immediate supervisor, HoFA and relevant program person, accordingly, reminds for timely budget transfers;
- Functionally consults HoFA to perform his/her respective duties effectively efficiently;
- Assists in organization and preparation of financial / accounting documents for external auditing;
- Analyses project financial needs for his/her project in accordance to the approved budget of the specific project:
- Assists in the preparations of financial strategies, annual and operational plans of projects;
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets for donors, HQ and government bodies;
- Ensures the timely payment of taxes to government from the operation of the organization such VAT, TOT, employment tax or withhold taxes, or pension contribution, if applicable;
- Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates, and controls the proper utilization of assets of the organization.
- Ensure that all local recruitments have approved and documented personnel record
- Liaise with Cluster Co/Project Manager and ensure that all field staff submit their leave plans, and records as per schedule and submit the recording to Addis HR focal person
- Ensure timesheets are submitted on time.
- Assist the Cluster Co/Project Manager in handling performance appraisals for their subordinates
- Arrange and provide periodical induction and orientations to staff members as well as supervisors on the employees performance management.
- Oversight the efficient use of fuel consumption of vehicles and motor bicycle and submit a summary report to Addis Logs office.
- Conduct a regular and surprise field visit and submit the field visit report to Cluster Co/Project Manager copying Addis office relevant head of departments from finance, admin, logs…etc
- Reports to immediate supervisor in accordance with the organization’s appropriate policies and procedures;
- Implements decisions of the immediate supervisor;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and the Country finance team.
- Project Manager (Line manager)
- County Management Team,
- Programme Team,
- Finance and Administration Team,
- Local Government Authorities,
- Financial Institutions,
- Other International and Local NGOs,
- Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Addis Zemen/Woreta and Akesta/Legambo
Contract Type: One-year fixed term contract; renewable based on performance review
Reports to: Cluster Coordinator
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- BA Degree in Accounting, business administration or relevant field of study
- At least two years relevant experience in NGO/INGO and/or relevant sectors
- Ability to reconciles payments against financial documents.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to sort, handle and care sensitive financial matters.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programme for handling financial tasks.
- Quality performance; viable solutions, transparency, helpful, integrity
- Flexibility to work in field locations
Desirable : Working knowledge of English and Amharic languages
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10 November. 2022