Project Coordinator at Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE)
Position: Project Coordinator
– Reports to: Planning & Programming Manager
– Department: Planning & Programming
– Terms of Employment: Contract for one year with possibility of extension depending on the availability of fund
– Salary: As per the organization salary scale
– Location: Addis Ababa (Head Office)
• The Project Coordinator reports to the Planning and Program Manager and oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects Light for Life Solar Suitcase Project which is implemented by Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE) in Collaboration with Greenlamp (GL). The Project Coordinator is expected to prioritize the paperwork and to meet reporting deadlines as well as communicating with partners involved in the Light for Life Solar Suitcase Project. She/he will travel up to 8 weeks in a year to the regions checking “Greenlamp” funded solar suitcase installations in health centres and working with all partners, the midwives, the regional health authorities and the technical team.
• Assist with key aspects of program implementation and logistics
• Work with partners, trainers, technical team and management
• Communicate regularly and update HFE, GL project team and Solar Energy Foundation (SEF) ensuring transparency for the sustainability program
• Follow up reporting (M&E) data records from Health Centers
• Be responsible for the project goals, ensure 100% of the health centres installations are working and issues corrected promptly through collaboration with SEF
• Verify and update HC installation and maintenance records (through phone calls and in-person visits to regions)
• Verify health facility assessment data (work with M&E department)
• Prepare input and write reports in English
• Communicate regularly with regional Health Bureaus Health Centre staff and midwives
• Help with planning and logistics of regional trainings with SEF
• Attend and help facilitate trainings
• Assist with customs clearance and documentation
• Assist with inventory management and any other administrative and logistical activities
• Visit HC:s to follow-up on solar systems, interview health workers, and collect testimonials
• Assist with logistics for Greenlamp team visits including booking accommodations, vehicle rentals, scheduling meetings, etc.
• Attend and take minutes at meetings with partners, donors, government, etc.
• Follow-up on leads for potential partners and program opportunities
• Assist with other tasks as needed such as organizing Hamlin Midwives Alumni Network (HMAN) summit annually.
• Master’s degree in public health, project management health management, public administration, renewable energy, or any other related discipline.
• At least 3 years of full-time project management, proposal and report writing experience.
• Experience working with government officials and/or international or local NGOs, UN agencies, and/or civil society organizations.
• Field work experience valuable but not a must. Experience working in health facilities preferred.
• Demonstrated success in administrative and logistical management
• Strong organisational skills and a systematic approach to management of installations and spare parts
• Proactive – addresses issues quickly and effectively, does not leave health centre needs or midwives requests unmet – follows up and reports regularly
• Self-management skills – efficient at time management and scheduling work
• Good communication skills – ability to report clearly and regularly about progress – good and bad, understands what to communicate to whom and when
• Understands the importance and use of questionnaire style supervision regime with open questions
• Highly organised and can prioritise effectively and who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Problem solving and make appropriate decisions independently, knows when to escalate to HFE and/or Greenlamp.
• Flexibility and willingness to do a wide range of tasks
• Strong sense of teamwork and an ability to work collaboratively
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Proficiency in written and oral English.
Education Level : Master’s
Experience : 3-5 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit non-returnable application, including an introductory letter, copies of all qualifications and your CV to the Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia HR until Oct. 17, 2019. • ADDRESS: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) it is located at Kolfe Keraneo Sub City K. 09, House No. 920. Behind the Swiss Embassy (adjacent to Augusta Shirt Factory) Jimma Road Addis Ababa P.O. Box 3609 Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) Tel: +251-113716544/46 Email: [email protected]