Project Coordinator at Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA)
- Company: Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association(EWLA)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ethiopia
Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) invites competent and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant post of Project Coordinator of which the detail requirements are mentioned here below.
Brief Highlight of EWLA: Established in 1995, the Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-for profit local organization mainly works for the promotion and advancement of women’s rights in the country. It strives towards ensuring gender equality and women empowerment through fighting Gender Based Violence and Violence against Women and Children. Since its establishment, EWLA has provided free legal aid service for needy women and children through its structures stretched from its head office in Addis Ababa to the branch offices in Amhara, Oromiya, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Dire Dawa; and Southern regional states. Currently, EWLA has also a structure at grass-roots level in which there are strong Voluntary Committees in 54 Zones and Woredas all over the country.
Duties of the Employee:
- Plans, coordinates and guides the implementation of the project in all the project target areas;
- Provides technical and organizational support to the Project implementation teams of the lead;
- Follows up and implements directives and guidelines of the project management team as per the contract with the donors;
- Conduct counterpart’s advocacy sessions with policy implementers and influencers on SRH rights and Gender Equity including organizing/supporting networking and related events on SRHR and SGBV.
- Follows up timely disbursement of project funds;
- Organizes and conducts project monitoring visits;
- Consolidates project targeted branch reports and submits progress report to the respective Office on quarterly basis as per agreed upon time frame and format;
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators and ensure that activities are on track;
- Providing overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets;
- Periodically collect and prepare success stories and best practices; disseminate reports to stakeholders;
- Coordinate and conduct baseline and mid-term evaluations and dissemination for action;
- Ensures that the donors receives timely financial and technical reports that would allow the smooth implementation of the project;
- Documents and disseminates studies, learning experiences and best practices;
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the Programs Director.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
Number required: two
- Young professional with BA/MA Degree in Law/Sociology, social work and related field possible with experience in health related issues
- Minimum 4 years of experience for MA
- Minimum 6 years of experience for BA
- Must demonstrate strong interest, passion and commitment to work with adolescent and youth.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively provide technical assistance, conducting advocacy and gender-related trainings to stakeholders and law reinforcement bodies
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send ONLY Cover Letter and CV through
and please state the title of the position on the subject Line
Women candidate highly encouraged to Apply
Closing Date : 24th January, 2021