Programme Officer at Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD)
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ethiopia
The Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) works to promote peaceful, just and inclusive politics worldwide. Our approach across all our programmes is unique and characterized by dialogue: we bring politicians from across the political spectrum together. We work on their knowledge and competences, and empower them to cooperate in a constructive and accommodative manner on issues that affect them, their country and the broader region.
NIMD has been active in Ethiopia since 2016, providing support to the dialogue process and legislative reforms. During this time, NIMD has built strategic relations and trust with the main democratic institutions (House of Peoples’ Representatives (HPR), National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), Office of the Attorney General (AG) and key political actors, which will be essential for the successful execution of this action. At the moment, NIMD implements projects funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Union (EU).
NIMD is recruiting a Programme Officer to support the work of its different programmes in Ethiopia. The officer will be responsible for project planning and implementation with Political Parties, NEBE, House of Peoples Representatives, Regional Councils and the likes. Areas of responsibility of the NIMD Programme Officer include ensuring that all projects are managed in line with the Project Cycle Management and with commitments to donors, the provision of technical support to partners, as well as coordination tasks and representational duties.
The Programme Officer will report to the Programme Manager and the Country Representative. The Programme Officer will be based in NIMD office in Addis Ababa, with travels in and outside Ethiopia when necessary.
- A bachelor level degree in an area relevant to social science (e.g. Project Management, Public Administration, Political Science, Law, Human Rights etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project cycle management, including: budgeting and M&E
- Experience with developing annual project plans and annual performance reports.
- Knowledge of the political environment in Ethiopia.
- Must be able to maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders, including funders
- Previous knowledge and/or experience of working with political parties or a legislature is an advantage
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic (other local languages are advantageous).
- Good communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including on Word, Excel and Power point.
How to Apply
A written exam may be administered to test writing and analytical skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Completed applications should be submitted only by email to [email protected] by close of business 20 January 2020
For more information: 0116662844