Program Impact Manager at Splash International
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Splash International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 430,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we are embarking on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This $44M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash Ethiopia is seeking someone with the experience and drive to help us measure the progress and impact of our Addis Ababa WASH program. As the Program Impact Manager you will help us with accurate measurement of program outputs (program data), outcomes (Monitoring & Evaluation), and impact (research) and provide support and supervision to team members responsible for these tasks. S/he will work with our Programs team to ensure that we are measuring and recording results in a way that reflects our commitment to data quality, integrity, transparency, and continuous learning. The Program Impact Manager will be based in Addis Ababa and work under the supervision of the Global Monitoring & Evaluation Manager based in Seattle, USA with support from the Ethiopia Country Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in close coordination with Splash Global M&E Manager to develop strategy and ensure organizational goals are met
- Provide support to the Ethiopia Program Data Coordinator and Research Coordinator
- Supervise the M&E Manager, Senior Officer, and a growing team of technicians to conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Provide training, refreshers, and capacity building and feedback as needed to M&E team
- Plan and organize logistics of all M&E data collection and activities according to expected timeframes
- Ensure data collection accuracy, quality of entry, analysis compliant with protocols, and timely reporting of results
- Assist in the documentation of methodology, protocols and M&E standards
- Execute special projects, pilot programs and studies with internal and external stakeholders as identified
- Coordinate data collection projects with external stakeholders including government and independent research partners
- Review current literature and engage with other agencies and stakeholders to identify data gaps and programmatic needs
- Share best practices and lessons learned with other Splash country programs
Splash is seeking qualified candidates with demonstrated excellence and a minimum of six years of experience with programmatic data in a non-profit or NGO setting. Experience coordinating and managing teams and training surveyors or enumerators is required. Educational background must be in a relevant field, such as statistics, economics, or public health. Masters or other post-graduate degree is strongly preferred. Ability to work and live in Ethiopia is required, and native Amharic speakers are strongly preferred. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
This person will apply their skills and experience to lead the management of the program impact team in Ethiopia. Excellent communication and management skills will be required to engage and implement the program requirements in a dynamic environment. Although previous experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) is not mandatory, prior sector knowledge is appreciated. Additionally, experience training in M&E methodologies, familiarity with databases and manipulating large data sets, mobile data collection and survey tools, statistical analysis skills, and formal research protocols are desired.
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You are an excellent communicator, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
- You enjoy working independently and consistently demonstrate self-starting initiative
- Your are thoughtful and eager to brainstorm improvements for our programs and processes
- You are part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and interaction both in and out of the office
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
- You think critically and put a high value on offering and receiving constructive feedback and criticism
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve
- You are driven to help create a better world – never by your own ego
Additional Requirements: Professional English fluency, Proficiency in relevant software including Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel required), database systems (Salesforce or other), and statistical analysis and/or visualization packages (STATA, Tableau, or other).
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
To Apply use the link below