Production Manager at Rorank Business Share Company
- Company: Rorank Business Share Company
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Afar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Ethiopia
Rorank Business S.C. is a joint venture with a UK base company called Castlford Holding Investment Groups. We manufacture and distribute our flagship brands, Super Eagle and Crystal are renowned for their great taste and quality. Our new leading edge manufacturing and bottling facility is located in Cha Cha – Debre Birhan.
The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization which includes manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance
Area Of Responsibility
- Manage entire plant and operation.
- Distillery complete operations
- Utilities complete operations
- Plans, directs, coordinates, supervises and controls the activities of production function;
- Develops and maintains conducive working environment of production function;
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Ensures that the necessary man-power, equipment, and facilities are organized for production and maintenance operations
- Recommends (and implements) improvements of facilities, equipment, procedures etc to improve safety, (product) quality, efficiency, hygiene etc.
- In collaboration with Quality Control Manager, ensures that appropriate levels of materials and product safety, factory hygiene, and people safety are maintained
- Ensure site compliance to all labor, safety, and environmental regulations
- Packaging lines
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Participates in the development and implementation of training programs to ensure that employees of the function continuously get the required skill upgrading training. Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MSC /Second degree in Industrial Engineering/ Process Engineering/Manufacturing Technology/ Applied Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry or other relevant field of study
Experience, Competences Skills, Attitude & Attributes:
- At least 8 years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing
- It is preferable to have experience in manufacturing company preferably in Food & Beverage Company.
- Have a strong back ground in production planning & scheduling.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling.
- Have a working understanding of stock management systems.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills, Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening ability.
- Proven work experience as operations manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
Method of Application
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements may send their CV to the following address for Ten (10) consecutive days after the first day of this vacancy announcement.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
E-mail to: [email protected]
Closing date: June 26, 2020