Plan International Jobs in Ethiopia : Program Area Manager – Snnp Program Area
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Plan International Ethiopia
- Location: Awasa, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People’s Region, Ethiopia
- State: Hawassa - SNNPR Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia - NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Program Area Manager for Addis Ababa Program Area who will be reporting to the Head of Program Operations.
This position is responsible to lead the strategic direction of the assigned regional program area in accordance with Plan’s strategic program framework while ensuring the functionality of the regional operations. It also provides operational support to project implementation staff to insure timely provision and effective utilization of Plan’s resources for the benefit of targeted beneficiaries in the region. The positions will strengthen and promote effective communication between country Office and regional area offices on all operational support deemed necessary for efficient project delivery/implementation. The post holder liaisons Plan with Regional state Bureaus and sector offices, to establish a good working relationship, influence decision makers on issues affecting children’s survival and development and excel Plan’s visibility .
Dimensions of Role:
- Direct supervision of all Program Area Coordinators (Program staffs, Log & admin, ICT, sponsorship communications, Emergency Coordinator) and provides dotted line supervision to the finance staff.
- Directly management of the entire regional program budget and is responsible for these, amounting to several million dollars annually, at the level of the CMT.
- Have delegated financial authority for expenditures up to Euro 100, 000
Typical Responsibilities – Key end Results of the Position:
Lead the Strategic Planning and Implementation of program operations
- Provide guidance support in the formulation and development of PA long term plans and annual plans in close collaboration program team.
- Develop annual program implementation plan including budget planning and undertake annual participatory program review
- Lead the area program quarterly and annual reviews
- Ensure that Project agreements are singed at regional or zonal level for the implementation a project and final evaluations are done timely by the signatory bureaus.
- Provide strategic leadership to the regional program operations.
- Ensure appropriate levels of support and capacity building is provided to partner organisations.
- Ensure good program practices of similar organizations operating in the region are regularly benchmarked and incorporated into local regional operations
- Ensure best practices are documented and shared in the region for the purpose of Plan’s visibility and positioning as a development and humanitarian organisation.
- Oversee assessments, surveys and studies conducted at the regional level
- Support the program review and evaluations undertaken by the government and other partners
- Oversee the reporting and documentation of programs and best practices at program area level
- Ensure appropriate partnership assessment, engagement and coordination with the local NGOs in the region.
- Lead sponsorship communication coordination and caseload management as per the international standard
Advocacy & Networking
- Ensure Plan is well represented at regional level networks and forums to foster external relations.
- Participate in regional networks for influencing policy, learning and sharing good practices to improve program quality.
- Ensure participation and contribution to national policy development that have direct implication to the well being of children.
- Identify opportunities and forums to visibly position Plan itself on development and humanitarian issues within the region.
- Measure achievement and progress toward program goals and results through the M&E system
Maintaining an agile and effective organisation
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards of accountability, effectiveness and efficiency in the achievement of program objectives
- Improve the system of the PA operation to adhere with the system, policies and procedures as well as legal requirements of Plan International and regional and local governments.
- Coordinate the direct preparation and proper usage of the regional budget
- Ensure the installation of the internal controls and monitoring system in accordance with the organization’s policy, procedures and the audit requirements.
Staff Motivation, Management and Development
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, training and development of staff at regional level.
- Ensure that all staff have knowledge and understand Plan’s corporate policies, processes, standards and systems
- Integrate staff performance management systems and development strategies into team building processes with regular reviews conducted as per agreed work plans.
- Create a conducive working environment in which people are motivated, respected, valued and managed well so as to realize their potential and development.
- Provide necessary training and development opportunities to regional staff that will result in professional growth and equip them with knowledge and skills to enable them improve program quality.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring of staffs to improve their performance
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Management, Economics, Development or other related fields
- Masters degree is preferable.
- At least 7 years experience in a similar, senior management role
- Demonstrated experience in the management of key programmatic areas such as health, education, livelihoods, disaster risk management and protection.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic leadership and planning processes
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on the key sectors in both humanitarian and development programmes.
- Knowledge of human resource, transformation and change management
- Thorough knowledge of operational and programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at regional and community level.
- Knowledge of regional context; the operating environment and factors affecting child-poverty in the country and the political, social and environmental opportunities for change is an advantage
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Knowledge of risk management and mitigation
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is January 13, 2019. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link. https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=34448&company=PlanInt&username=
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.