This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
17 Nov 2020
Pharmacist at Kadisco General Hospital
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Kadisco General Hospital
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Ethiopia
Selected Main Duties
- Check prescriptions for proper dosage before dispensing drugs.
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity.
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on the administration, uses and effects of the medication, drug interactions and contra-indications.
- Maintain medication profiles of customers including registry of poisons and narcotic and psychotropic drugs (controlled drugs).
- Ensure proper storage of vaccines, serums, biological and other pharmaceutical products to prevent deterioration.
- Advise customers on selection and use of over-the-counter drugs, medical equipment, and health-care supplies; this requires strong interpersonal (client-focused) skills because of the time spent providing information and advice to consumers.
- Ensure that the hospital has got proper supply/storage of drugs & medical equipment’s at all time by controlling the records of supply/demand, stock record and other documents.
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of pharmacy technicians and other staff.
- Be prepared to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is generally clean and well-ventilated environment.
- Use gloves, masks and other equipment especially when dealing with potentially hazardous or sterile substances.
- Use of computerized customer and pharmaceutical databases.
- Make sure that rules & regulations of Drug authority & Ministry of Health of Ethiopia in relation to pharmacy services are properly followed.
- Perform other related activities when asked by the hospital. Management.
- The rapid development of new drugs for treatment and diagnosis means that pharmacists must update their knowledge continuously.
- Supervise activities in the medical store and have a system of checking quantities and expiry dates.
- Inform doctors for any drugs that are coming up to its expiry date before it expires. If unable to sell return to the suppliers and exchange with other drugs in advance.
- Monitor internal drug sells and mini stores by regularly checking activities.
- Communicate with finance department and ensure that prices are updated regularly when new drugs arrive. This applies to retail and inpatient applies.
- Inform hospital doctors in writing of all drugs available in the pharmacy.
- Communicate with doctors for fast going drug and ensure its availability.
- Ensure that the prescription is accurate according to the individual requirement. If not inform the doctor or get the patient to have prescription changed.
- Candidates interested in the position of Pharmacist should meet the following requirements
- Degree in pharmacy from recognized university
- up to 3 years’ experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants who fulfill the above requirement should send/submit their respective CV Via Email Address:
Or submit in person
Kadisco General Hospital,
Gerji 46 Mazoria Administration office
Closing Date : 26th November, 2020