Pharmaceutical Fund and Supply Agency Jobs in Ethiopia : Senior Finance Adviser
Welcome to Jobwebethiopia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Ethiopia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pharmaceutical Fund and Supply Agency
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
The Pharmaceuticals Fund and Supply Agency (PFSA) was established as governmental organization by proclamation No. 553/2007 with its mission:- to Supply need based and quality pharmaceuticals to the public at an affordable price, and sustainable manner through the implantation of Revolving Drug Fund to ensure proper inventory management and rational use of medicines.”
Currently, the Agency is planning to improve the financial management system both at head and branch office levels. Thus, there is a need to recruit two (2) Senior Finance Officers for Addis Ababa duty station.
To support the Fund Administration Directorate of the pharmaceuticals Fund and Supply Agency in strengthening the financial records, reconciliation and capacity building to Head Office and Branches.
Summary of Duty: The Senior Finance Officers are respon sible in ensuring the implementation of systematic data recording, compilation and analysis, develop reporting formats, coordinate communication between head office and branches, support PFSA branches through frequent travel, support both RDF and program fund, prepare timely financial report, build capacity of permanent finance officers, follow up the financial utilization of Donors fund, prepare and submit financial statements.
- Assist and advise Finance Coordinators in all financial accounting and management reporting process including Developing disbursement plan;
- Monitor expenditures and ensure all expenditures are within the allocated budget.
- Prepare timely financial report to appropriate bodies;
- Maintain long term and short-term cash flow projection to better monitor the cash balance;
- Ensure that the account are ready for external audit;
- Ascertain that audit findings and recommendations are taken care of;
- Ensure that the Head Office Home Office ledger RDF and program accounts are timely reconciled with branch records;
- Review expenditure for accuracy and completeness to the contract agreement;
- Prepare and review accounting document;
- Ensure compliance with the statutory financial management and grant management requirements of donors;
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and report for the company automated financial system;
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audit;
- Build the capacity and coach junior staff of the directorates fund and regional staffs;
- Handle Reconciliation and liquidation of funds as per respective requirement and agreements;
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Fund Administration, fund coordinators at hubs and his Advisors.
- The senior Finance Officers are technically and administratively accountable to Fund Administration Directorate and branch manager respectively.
- The Government regulations will be applied to guide the day to day services of the adviser
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Financing, Business Administration and Management or related field. Masters Degree holders in the similar disciple with relative experience can apply for the position. Professional certification is an advantage.
- A minimum of seven and nine years professional work experience in budget monitoring & control and/or Accounting & Reporting and/or finance management related area for MA and BA holders respectively, skills in budget preparation, financial analysis and reporting are advantages, knowledge of government and public finance or business organizations accounting budgeting, and cost control system including grant management is/are required.
No. Required: 2
Additional Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in health project (grant) management and coordination.
- Competency in use of advanced computer software, internet and computer based management solutions;
- Familiarity with health systems policies and sectral reform processes,
- Ability to promote team work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV and copy of credentials to HR of PFSA at head office through the following Email Address:-[email protected]
Pharmaceuticals Fund and Supply Agency Tell No: - 0118276718