Paid internship at Penda Manufacturing PLC
- Company: Penda Manufacturing PLC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Addis Ababa Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ethiopia
Are you tired of living in a dirty city with waste floating around in the streets? So are we!
Penda is an international paper recycling company, working to improve the environment and our city! Today almost all recyclable waste is dumped at the landfill, creating significant pollution. By recycling this waste instead, we are able to create jobs for unemployed youth, make paper and packaging cheaper, and save dollars for Ethiopia by using locally available raw materials instead of imported products.
Most people like what we do, but unfortunately many people in Addis Ababa still do not know much about recycling… Hence, we are looking to build a team of 15 people in our company that over a period of 6 months will run a pilot project to train local waste collectors and households to start sorting the waste for recycling.
We do not require any prior work experience, but are looking for people that…
- Minimum hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Are fluent in English and Amharic (as we are an international company our day to day working language is English)
- Not afraid of working outdoor, train waste collectors, and meet new people
- Are passionate about the environment and making a difference for our city!
- Are excited about working in an international team, with fast pace, and frequent coaching to help you learn and develop
Method of Application
If you are interested in joining our team, please upload your CV (in English) + a motivation letter for the job (half page)
Based on your application, we will call relevant candidates for an interview at our office in Bole (by Medanealem Church). Deadline for submitting your application is September 28 at 5pm.